Reset Receipt Number

SavorCitytt

Good day,

We've been using loyverse from months now and it's working great. However an issue arose a couple days where the receipt numbers are not reverting to the number 1 after the closing of shifts. It went all the way up to 1000 during the course of Monday through Wednesday before reverting back to number 1.

Is there any way to stop this from happening?

Hello

Do you mean the orders numbers?

image.thumb.png.8a46f29754be412f502bdd450c7d0cf8.png

We have a new logic for the order numbers:

When the order number reaches 999, it starts again from 001.
(Also, you can reset the order numbering manually to 001 by Sign Out of the POS device).

#50-001
The meaning of the numbers in the order:

50- is the POS number;
001- is the order number;

(This order number is displayed only on paid printed receipt (if the open ticket was not saved), on the KDS, on the printed kitchen order and on the CDS.
So, to see this number, the customer should pay for his order immediately because he will see the order number only on the paid receipt).

• 4 months later...

I don't understand why loyverse team chaged that logic. It is not helpful to store. Is there any plan to back to past like when store close and shift end, making The receipt  reset.

Hello

Do you mean the number of the kitchen orders, right? Not the receipts. 
The receipts starts from 1-1001, 2-1001... , 3-1001..., etc.
Every POS device counts individually, and they all start from 1001 and then continue consiquently: 1002, 1003 etc
The receipts numbering always worked this way. 

About the kitchen orders numbering: I will send your suggestion to our development team. Thank you very much for your feedback!

It was meaning like receipt number #50-001 #50-002 this.

As you said after july? I guess

If monday's receipt last number is #50-100 after  close the shift and next day It starts with #50-101 not #50-001  and that is not what I want.

So what I suggest make user can choose make receipt reset or just going on.

On 11/24/2022 at 5:02 PM, LATT said:

Oh I see . order number.

Please

I do logout and login everyday.

It is too annoying

I sent it as an idea to our development team. 

• 4 months later...
On 4/1/2023 at 5:31 AM, BelluresCafe said:

For the financial starting, How to start the receipt nos from starting 0001

Hello
To start the receipts numbering from 1001 (0001 is not available), you need to create a new POS in the back office and use that new POS.

How to Create, Activate, Deactivate and Delete POS
https://help.loyverse.com/help/how-create-activate-and-delete-pos

HI , WE have also noticed the kitchen order number not resetting back to  #xx-001 after a days trade on the KDS. The system did reset daily up until a few weeks ago. It was a great way to see how many covers we were doing during openning hours. Any way for us to ensure it does reset automatically each day ? 

On 4/5/2023 at 1:47 AM, Luke said:

HI , WE have also noticed the kitchen order number not resetting back to  #xx-001 after a days trade on the KDS. The system did reset daily up until a few weeks ago. It was a great way to see how many covers we were doing during openning hours. Any way for us to ensure it does reset automatically each day ? 

Hello

When the order number reaches 999, it starts again from 001.
(Also, you can reset the order numbering manually to 001 by Sign Out of the POS device).

Good Day,

I recently also experienced this bug where the order numbers don't reset after a business day.

For example, my order numbers now continue from Monday to Wednesday and onward appearing as though its one continuous business day instead of reverting back to #001 after Monday night.

Nothing out of the ordinary happened when this occurred. While routinely cashing sales, the numbers suddenly went back to #001 but the order number format was different:

Usually, its (date)(POS number)(order number) format at the top left but now its only (POS number)(order number) without the date.

1st attachment shows date

2nd attachment omits date yet its still recognizes it at the bottom left.

I have already tried re-installing etc

Apart from logging out daily, is there another way to try resetting the profile? Maybe from the backend at Loyverse?

Thank you in advance!

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-12 at 2.57.35 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-04-12 at 2.58.13 AM.jpeg

On 4/12/2023 at 10:03 AM, Daniel84 said:

I recently also experienced this bug where the order numbers don't reset after a business day.

Hello, dear user

It is not a bug 🙂 
The order number resets to 001 only after it reaches 999.

About your second question, please write your question here:
CLICK HERE