Open cash drawer without printing the receipt

Din
Go to solution Solved by Andy,

Hi, how to open cash drawer without printing the receipt?

I want to insert the cash and print the receipt if the customer ask for it

• Solution

How to open cash drawer without making a sale

You can set the right to open cash drawer without making a sale for your employee group. Go to ‘Access rights’ menu at the ‘Employee' section in the Back Office and open the group for the editing. Check the box ‘Open cash drawer without making a sale’ in the ‘POS’ section.   

cash-drawer-01.jpg

Don’t forget to save.

You can find the ‘Open cash drawer’ button in the three vertical dots (⋮) menu at the Sale screen of your POS.

cash-drawer-02.jpg

Note: the button ‘Open cash drawer’ is displayed only if there is at least one printer connected with the option 'Print receipts and bills'.

https://help.loyverse.com/help/connect-cash-drawer

That the wrong answer.

My question is how to make sale and open the cash drawer, without printing the receipts?

Unfortunately, it is impossible to make a sale by selecting a cash payment type and opening the cash drawer with no printing receipt. 

• 4 weeks later...

For me, this is a massive flaw! Can't believe the cash draw doesn't open on completed sales because I sent nothing to that printer. Why not add the instruction to cash sales so the draw opens regardless of whether you print anything! 

My workaround is to create a menu item for that printer of zero value, I just called it 'Till', but staff forget to tap it sometimes, especially on long orders, they finish the sale and of course, till doesn't open. I have to keep reminding them to press it. Such an unnecessary step and wastes only a small amount of paper, but a lot less than printing receipts that no one wants.

This is beyond ludicrous!

Edited by Yianni1066

• 1 year later...

I noticed that this has been updated!

Now if "Print receipts and orders" is ON, but "print receipts and orders automatically" is OFF then the printer doesn't print a receipt and the cash drawer will be open.

• 2 months later...

I am using iMin D4-504 POS machine, it's come with inbuilt Bluetooth printer,

The Cash drawer connected with RJ12 Cable to iMiN POS , when i Charging the Ticket the cash drawer didn't open,

when you print the Receipt only the cash drawer will open,

but i don't want waste the paper unless if customer needs only do printing,

CAn help me fix on this issue,

thank you 

14 hours ago, Mathusuthan said:

I am using iMin D4-504 POS machine, it's come with inbuilt Bluetooth printer,

The Cash drawer connected with RJ12 Cable to iMiN POS , when i Charging the Ticket the cash drawer didn't open,

when you print the Receipt only the cash drawer will open,

but i don't want waste the paper unless if customer needs only do printing,

CAn help me fix on this issue,

thank you 

Hello @Mathusuthan

Could you try the method I wrote in the last comment?

Dear Mr.Yasuaki,

Yes, I already contacted iMin Technical Support team, They also advised me same as you, it's working great 👍,

I changed the Drawer comments to 10,14,00,00,00

Than now when i finished the sale the Drawer opening without printing which is i wanted 😊👍,

Thank you 😊!

Regards,

Mathusuthan.

• Fire 2