How do you track your expenses and do you use accounting software?

Theodore

I use waveapps as my accounting software. It is free but extremely powerful. A marriage between Loyverse and waveapps would be fantastic.

To offer cloud accounting integration would be really helpful, and would make our life a lot easier. Besides Xero, I recommend Wave, since it is free and has all functionalities needed for small and medium-size companies (Also, since Loyverse is also helping many businesses around the world with affordable solutions) Another great solution to me would be if you could get on board with API cloud tools such as Zapier, then already users could connect to multiple accounting cloud tools. 

Expenses are tracked manually and with Excel. Loyverse is a great POS software but with some additional options can be the best. Integration of quickbooks or the addition of accounting options in the dashboard will be of benefit to most users. 

Also in the dashboard financial reports can be improved with a total row at the bottom of some of reports. One such is the gross profit column. Currently I export that data and then have to manually add cost of goods sold and total profit. 

There should be an option to print the shift summary to your POS printer or regular printer.

We currently use Quickbooks 16 (forMac) and we copy the details of earache sale to quickbooks in order to track the cost, inventory and movement of each product. 

In order to upload sales data we used Mac Numbers instead of Excel CSV file  however sales of several items to a single customer was presented in a single field rather than 1 field per item.

I just use excel. Prefer not to use big packages. I dont want to use any big packages like Xero etc.

Thank you for your program, it makes my not-for-profit business possible :-)

So far Excel is suitable enough but hopefully business will grow to a level where an ERP will be mandatory.

I use Wave for accounting. What I would really like to have integrated is the timesheets. I have to enter them manually in Wave from the information in Loyverse. My expenses are already integrated with my bank account.

What I would really like to have in Loyverse is the same options for Android as for iOS, especially bill splitting and merging. Also, to be able to see all receipts.

I would personally like to have some more payment methods to be added first. Like more QR payment methods like integration over WeChat or SnapScan/Zapper or  Alipay or whatever local QR payment methods. So that a printer or ipad could give ticket spicific QR codes that will add more value as a whole to using the POS

Hello loyverse team, I am Robby from Tenda Suki (www.tendasuki.com) Japan & Korean Street Food in Indonesia.

First I thank you for your great hard work by bringing loyverse to the POS system in our restaurant network

We've been using loyverse for about a year for our 4 outlet locations and this month we did a Quickbooks trial as our accounting system and see how it can be integrated with loyverse

It is important for us to record all costs and sales per day on each branch, therefore we select Quickbooks that supports multiple branches with Location features

Currently we are still recording daily manuals of daily revenues and daily expenditures of our stores in Loyverse into Quickbooks and we hope there will soon be an integration between Loyverse with Quickbooks

And here are some that we think are very important for Quickbooks integration with Loyverse

1. Daily sales synchronization between Loyverse Store with Quickbooks Sales Receipts filter by Location, so sales of each Loyverse Store are automatically separated in Quickbooks Location, this is very important because we need to be able to create and read Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss reports on each of our stores.

2. Synchronize the inventory of items in Quickbooks with the inventory of items in Loyverse so that we can monitor the movement of inventory we have sent in the store, it is also very important to avoid fraud and loss of raw material inventory in the store.

3. Sync Daily Spending between Loyverse Store Cash Management with Quickbooks Expense filter by Location. Daily spending at each Loyverse Store is also very important to synchronize with Quickbooks

4. Synchronize discounts in loyverse with quickbooks, by selecting which balance sheet account in quickbooks to include discounted loads from loyverse

We sincerely hope the loyverse team immediately embodies the connectivity between Loyverse with quickbooks

As we are a very small establoestabl, so we are managing our finances with formulated spreadsheets. Also, being in Thailand, we are obligated to use a certified accountant, so we usually just provide them with a copy of our spreadsheets & a summary of our loyverse sales. 

We are aware, that as we experience growth, we will need an accounting software, but that time had not come yet.

Hope this helps your research.

We use Google sheets as of now, and customize our own collumns according to our needs. The main notion is the cost and the cloud's ability to view and edit on different devices. 

I use the following:

Quickbooks with iPad and iPhone app for book keeping and general accounting

Receipt Bank app to photograph and upload to quickbooks all expense and inventory invoices

i would appreciate it if you could have a way to go into the client purchase(receipt) history to see a past receipt. I sell supplements and sometimes my clients forget what the name of the product was they last purchased and I could look up their history and see what they purchased in the past. I generally remember my frequent clients, but some come into the store less often. Also, it would make refunds much simpler. 

On the topic of refunds, it would also be practical to do a minus(-) on items on the receipt rather than go searching in the history in order to do a refund. That way the client who wants to return an item can still make a purchase and we minus the refund item instead of doing two transactions(a refund and a purchase)

I hope this helps you in developing and improving Loyverse. So far it’s been just over 6 months and I’m really liking this POS. 

Oh i almost forgot. Split bill is ok but in my store it would help to have a cash and card option instead of split bill. So a client pays part with cash and the rest with a card. It happens occasionally and I end up with two receipts instead of one that says $20.00 cash $37,84 card or something like that. So one client can pay with two different payment methods on the same receipt/purchase.

Thanks

JoAnne 

Thank you Loyverse Team for a wonderful job creating this software.  Love it.

Currently I am using WAVE accounting software for project and event invoicing, yet to explore into the small retail portion of this.  WAVE is Most recommended for small set up without a fee, web based, apps .. small and powerful. Hope this can be integrated to help those small company or those who are not ready for professional or payable software.

I use excel.

Hopefully, before Loyverse makes another accounting feature and add charge, make sure that all branch are running smoothly and same feature available on IOs devices.

Here in Kenya we use Turbocash. A wonderful accounting software which has varied reports. Over 30 different kind of reports, a great module of batch entry with great features, Creditors and debtors module, easy setup module, unlilmited number of businesses/ set of books, and great support.

Please visit this link http://www.turbocash.net/ to learn more on this wonderful software. Incase you install Turbocash for your hotel and you want any support please get in touch on ntiritumusa@gmail.com, 

Moses

I use Sage 50 for my accounting, and would love to have my POS intergrated. Its very time consuming to enter the information twice for each software to be up to date and accurate.

Hi, we use quickbooks for accounting. However we also use a field management software called Razorsync with which we manage the income and invoice from the other department of our business before exporting to quickbooks.

So Daily we would manually input the information from loyverse to Razorsync before exporting to quickbooks. 

A solution to export directly to quickbooks would be great. 

I hope this helps. 

Regards 

Kevin. 

Hi, thank you first for you nice app

at this time, we use your app as test, and it is working great really, now we independ on it for a part of 1 department. but, we use quickbooks for accounting. and we do only transection every month withc we get it from report of backoffice. we are not need to marge at this time. but, maybe will will need if we found account programe to mange our customers, but we still did not found

thank you alot

Al-Shalan