How do you track your expenses and do you use accounting software?

Theodore

• 2 weeks later...

To offer cloud accounting integration would be really helpful for our Franchisees, and would make their life a lot easier.

I recommend Sage Accounting, since it is cost effective and mostly used in South Africa and has all functionalities needed for SME's. 

Therefore, we would like to link our Sage Accounting profile to our Loyverse POS and have our transaction records updated automatically each day in Sage Accounting, including our records for customer and supplier accounts.

Yes I've recently started using QuickBooks as it already seems to work well with my Loyverse set up. I can do all my calling up/record keeping from one tablet! Integration between Loyverse and QuickBooks would be amazing!

Keep up the great work, can't wait for the update integrating sumup on Android.

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

We do it manually and uses Google Sheet (temporary) to keep our books in check. We are looking to use a simple accounting software in the near future that has cloud services.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I tried exploring a lot of options to address this but seems the best way is to enhance the Loyverse POS. There's a semi automated approach w/ Loyverse system through "shift" using "paid-out but I can't export the details in excel thus it is not that helpful. I hope there's a way to export details of paid in and paid out. I found other POS with somehow capabilities to record expenses but still exploring the pros and cons compared w/ Loyverse. I'm willing to pay if this is somehow part of Loyverse. Hoping for this feature to be included. Thanks!

• 2 months later...
On 6/15/2018 at 2:27 AM, Theodore said:

Hello everybody.

For us, it is interesting to know how many of our users are using some accounting software.

E.g., in the UK, in order to pay VAT, our users should record all of their expenses. As Loyverse do not offer such features, but they do exist in accounting software (e.g., QuickBooks, Xero), we would like to know if our customers are using them, or if you don’t use such software, what other methods you use to record your expenses.

If you’re using Quickbooks/Xero, etc., it would also be good to know if you would like Loyverse to be integrated with that software.

Integration could be done in a way that Loyverse will send sales details to the accounting software for each transaction. And it will appear as a paid invoice in Quickbooks. Usually, an invoice is what the merchant issues to the buyer and a bill is what the merchant pays for his purchases. Quickbooks has both. Also, Loyverse could create a bill in Quickbooks automatically once you create a purchase order in Loyverse as "pending" status. But this is not all the bills that you might have. You could also get bills for rent, telephone, internet, etc. and those still will need to be created manually in Quickbooks. 

For now, if you’re using an accounting software, you probably can just create one invoice at the end of the month with one item called "Products sold" and just enter the total amount of sales recorded in Loyverse.

Quickbooks could also be useful for our users for reports such as Profit and Loss (where you can see all of your operating expenses, not only cost of goods sold), Balance sheet (where you can see how much customers owe you, your current inventory value and how much you owe to suppliers), and you can see more information on cash flow, such as paid and outstanding bills/invoices, your current bank account balance, etc.

I use QBO and would love an intergration with it. I love love loyverse.

• 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...