How to charge customer for delivery service?

chaly

I sell skincare and cosmetics online, I need to charge customers for the delivery service. What is the best way to do that? Many thanks

On 8/30/2023 at 12:24 PM, chaly said:

I sell skincare and cosmetics online, I need to charge customers for the delivery service. What is the best way to do that? Many thanks

Hi
Yes, you can create a delivery charge as an item and add it to the ticket when it is needed.
If you need to apply a certain % as a delivery charge, you can use this workaround:

(This workaround does not work when using currency without decimals)
We can take advantage of the "Sold by weight" functionality that allows us to calculate the price for an item based on how much it weighs, and use it to calculate the surcharge that we want to apply.

Let's say you want to add a surcharge of 5% from the total amount. What we will do is create a new item, call it "surcharge" and select "sold by weight". In the price field, we enter 0.05 and save the item.
image.thumb.png.56ef854114b90dfc6010d46687fa87bb.png

Now, every time you make a new sale, you can add this item to the ticket, and when the app requests to enter a quantity amount you add the sales total. The result is that the app will calculate 5% of the total as the price of the "surcharge" item and add the item to the ticket. So you will get a new sales total.

These are some examples of how a receipt would look like:
image.thumb.png.5423163e7aea9658d8b9a0113b93150f.png
----
image.thumb.png.44b1acf87260134232f8837e9c7d27e8.png
----
image.thumb.png.72bb60461e6246fec2e646d9a7a89106.png

In each case, the 5% was calculated correctly.