SumUp Refund - Opps! Something went wrong!

Shane

After testing across 4 different models of Android, and two separate accounts, we are having an issue refunding SumUp transactions.

When attempting to refund the entire transaction, a toast message appears stating "Oops! Something went wrong!".

The receipt for the sale usually shows some details regarding the SumUp payment, however these are not visible in the POS app, only visible in back office. This may be relevant.

Is this a known bug from the recent update? Are there any work arounds or fixes you are aware of?

39 minutes ago, Shane said:

After testing across 4 different models of Android, and two separate accounts, we are having an issue refunding SumUp transactions.

When attempting to refund the entire transaction, a toast message appears stating "Oops! Something went wrong!".

The receipt for the sale usually shows some details regarding the SumUp payment, however these are not visible in the POS app, only visible in back office. This may be relevant.

Is this a known bug from the recent update? Are there any work arounds or fixes you are aware of?

Hi Shane, we’re having this same issue. I have run all updates and nothing has fixed it (we were having the issue before updating anything.)

(As a side note, I’m wondering if you’re linked to CRG who I spoke to about this earlier) 

The only workaround I can think of, if it comes to it, is issuing the refunds via the sumup app.  We’ll also need to keep a good old pen and paper record of all refunds issued each day so that we can attach them to the Z / End of day read. The card payment balance on the end of day Z read will not match the sumup statement anyway, so that should be record enough. 

Obviously that’s far from ideal though, and means a lot of manual calculations each evening. Hopefully it gets fixed, if you or anybody else have a better workaround I’d love to know. 

We don’t go live until next Weds so there’s time for us at least… 🤞

Hello,
Thank you both for reporting your issue.

Could you please send us an example of one of the receipts you were trying to refund?

We will be waiting for your reply.

This account is used predominantly for testing, but is connected to our live SumUp account.

The payment has been refunded directly in the SumUp application now. If you need one with an active payment then that can be arranged.

Here is a screenshot of the receipt, in the POS application. When viewed for the first time, the card payment details were visible for around 2 seconds, before disappearing from the receipt.
Screenshot_20230223-152900.thumb.png.3ae0dcb320d3ec37d84ed803d5686fa3.png

Here is a screenshot of the same order in the back office, showing the card payment information.
image.thumb.png.67e6d83965ccb172905525f774ef3e50.png

And finally, a screenshot of the error message when attempting a refund
Screenshot_20230223-153337.thumb.png.e1324e3dca701f4ed9444a6d162221fd.png

This error message is the same whether SumUp is installed on the device or not.

Thank you for the detailed description,

I will pass it on to our team to investigate.

Once we will have an update, we will notify you here.

Hello,

Our team has recently made an improvement, could you please try to refund the receipts again?

We will be waiting for your feedback.

10 hours ago, Shinjin said:

Hello,

Our team has recently made an improvement, could you please try to refund the receipts again?

We will be waiting for your feedback.

I have just tried a quick payment and it seems to be working now, well done... I will report back if we have any more issues with it.