Purchase versus Sell Units

Vibes

I am trying to make sense of the purchase versus sell options in advance inventory. I am currently using Composite and Production items, but just can't get the combination correct. Here are two examples ...

I buy our House Red Wine in 3L and 5L boxes and sell it as a 145mL glass. I have created three items to do this; 

1)  House Red Glass (this is what I sell to a customer)

2) a 3L Box that is a Composite Item and a Production made from 20.689 House Red Glasses (above item 1)

3) a 5L Box that is a Composite Item and a Production made from 34.482 House Red Glasses (above item 1)

The cost does not update when I receive boxes and the inventory count for the House Red Glass remains unchanged when I receive boxes.

What am I doing wrong here?

I have the same problem with cases of beer and soda. I buy 24 at a time and sell individually. This is more precise. I am never going to be off a little because of a light or strong pour. Other than loss/damage ... there are 24 in a case and we sell them one at a time. There are 0.04166666(repeating) cases of beer in a bottle. So I cannot make a beer a part of a case, I have to make a case 24 beers for it to come out right.

I tried converting a purchased case to 24 beers on my purchase orders, but the decimal limitation prevented me from ever getting the right amount I paid calculated into the extended cost field.

Edited by Vibes

Four days and not a single reply. I was hoping there would be an easy answer to this problem. I run a bar, restaurant, and cafe. Assuming this software is suitable for me, this cannot be hard ... what am I missing?

Thanks!

Vibes Team

Hello! 

In this case, I can suggest you create one main item "Red Wine 1L" (not available for sale) with stock tracking option enabled, which will allow you to see all the calculations of how much of this item has been sold, purchased. 

image.thumb.png.9fcb2314b44f78bc9e7ae4bafbf14758.png

All the other items: Red Wine 3L, Red Wine 5L and Red Wine glass 145ml will be composite items with Red Wine 1L as component. 

Now you need to create them. For the Red Wine glass 145ml, you need to activate "composite item", add the Red Wine 1L as component with quantity 0,145. 

image.thumb.png.eca244be0c6dbb690d094585de041b57.png

Each time you will make a sale of wine glass, the stock of the "Red Wine 1L" will decrease for the quantity which was sold. 

For item Red Wine 3L in the quantity field you need to input 3,000 and for the Red Wine 5L - 5,000 and enable "production" option. 

Now when you will make a purchase order for item "Red Wine 3L", you need to input how many cases you want to order and receive it.

image.thumb.png.4269626aeda074311687d845fcdbc41b.png

After that, you need to create disassembly for the item "Red Wine 3L", meaning if you ordered 3 cases of that item, you need to input "3" in the quantity: 

image.thumb.png.32c3cfb6b6442d5e9a83469dc9666f5f.png

The "in stock" value of item "Red Wine 1L" will change after making a disassembly. 

• Thanks 1

Now for the beer case: 

First, you need to create item beer (sold by each, track stock enabled)

image.thumb.png.331429902068f460c603d0697dae3ba2.png

Then you need to create item beer 24 psc (this item will be used to order by boxes). Make it composite with quantity 24 (the number of beers in case) with production enabled:

image.thumb.png.2beb39da349a77b47e7d65627c09db14.png

Now you need to make a purchase order for item "beer 24 psc", input how many cases you want to order, receive the purchase order. The last step is to create a dissasembly for that item, meaning if you ordered 4 cases of that item, you need to input "4" in the quantity:

image.thumb.png.5d06117077e08ffb69db472f8a1dc9d6.png

After that, the stock of "beer" will be automatically updated.

• Fire 1
  • Thanks 1