Is it possible to make Loyverse KDS app work with an Ethernet port or wired connection?

IbraRondon

Is it possible to make KDS app work with an Ethernet port or wired connection? As it shows on the app it only recognizes the IP through Wi-FI but I am using an Android TV box that has an ethernet port. The thing is that this device keeps losing connection via Wi-FI but I can do a wired network for it.

Has anyone figured this out?

• 1 month later...

I just changed my router and now the KDS app doesn't work anymore, I already configured my static IP, but still my mobile devices can't find the kitchen screen, it's worth emphasizing, I've already used it for almost 2 years, but not now it can be linked by the router, I don't know if it is the problem.

With the new router I have 2 networks, one 4g and the other 5g and with neither of them it does not work

Help :,(

• 1 month later...

Hello, Yes, it is possible and I used it already. Simply press search & will find your tv box name & select it. Job done

Great! I tried it before but for some reason I couldn't find it with the search button. I did it now and it works.

I think it will be better because sometimes WiFi is too unstable. Thank you!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody, 

i am using LOYVERSE POS since several years..about 6, and i always used KDS to send the orders to the kitchen, in the last 2 years KDS  is giving me problem, basically doesn't work...it won't find any device even i input the IP address manually..... i can't understand why and i need a solution cause it is really important for my daily work!!

Anyone can help?

thank you

Hello.
Please, try to check your WiFi router. You may try using another WiFi router and see how it goes. The point is that the KDS connects to the POS through the WiFi router, and if the router has some problem, it may reflect on the connection. 
The other possible reason is if the router overloaded by many other devices. So we recommend using a separate router to connect KDSs and POS, not the one that gives the visitors internet. 

that's what i did...all the trouble shooting, static Ip and bla bla bla, dedicated router...but it won't work!

i spent money on different devices....but nothing changed.... i really need that, ti is very necessary for my cafe'!!

• 1 year later...

Is it possible to connect an iPad used as a kitchen display via ethernet. Does not connect when I print to the KDS even when I have changed the address it is displays

Hello @Brew32,

In my opinion, as Loyverse POS sends orders based on local IP addresses, the KDS can be connected via Ethernet.

Maybe you can tell people the device name you are using, the KDS settings screen, and some details about what you have done so far.

Edited by Tanaka_Shotaro

I have an iPad I have hard wired to my router.

I set my pos in the printer to the iPads IP address as shown on the KDS settings. But there is no printer other than the generic KDS WiFi  ...unless I've missed something here. All the loyverse instructions say it must be connected via WiFi?

Hello @Brew32
In order to know the situation, we need this information

POS device:
- Device model
- OS version
- App version
- IP address
- Screenshot of Settings -> Printer -> KDS
- Screenshot of error message when you click PRINT TEST

KDS device: 
- Device model
- OS version