Credit Sales

Alex
Go to solution Solved by Markus_Sheng,

A few questions on this quite popular feature request:

1. Would you like to reward customer with loyalty points at the time of "On account" purchase? Or when customer actually makes deposit? Or it does not matter?

2. Should any employee be able to create house accounts for a customers with 0$ credit limit (meaning each customer by default able only to make deposits, i.e. upfront payment). And the option to change credit limit should require special access rights?

3. Do you need an option to refund deposits? If so, how important is this feature for you?

• Like 2

Hi there, I own/manage a very large night club, I have 16 tills running every night. We do not accept credit cards, cash only. We have customers that have "House accounts" with no credit limit. we start "tabs" for anyone that asks for one but require cash up front and put that value in the comments section when creating a tab. personally I dont think customers should get loyalty until the tab or account is paid. Depending on what your loyalty percentage is you could really get burned. Ours is set up so when you sign up you get $1.00 just for signing up. and you get $1.00 for every $10.00 spent after that. 

• 2 weeks later...

To answer your question:

Question 1: When a customer makes a deposit. If users are using the Loyalty feature then when a customer makes a deposit they should build points the same way they would if they paid all up front.

Question 2: Yes any employee should be able to create in house accounts for those customers. Options to change the credit limit requires special access rights.

Question 3: Yes this feature is very important. If necessary this option needs to be available. In some cases a refund of the deposit may need to happen.

This feature will be very useful to many businesses including mine.

Hello! I love the Loyvers System and i have tried a lot of functions and it seems perfect for my nightclub. 'But there is one function i miss, without i can not use loyverse: a function for Deposit on Bottles and cups. In my club (and normally in many other clubs in germany), we collect a deposit of 50 Cent of Bottles or Cups for every drink. If the costumer brings back the empty bottle or cup, we give him the 50 cent back. But in the moment there is no possibility in loyverse to handle that. It would be great, if you can put to every product a deposit, if you need this. And a function to give the Deposit back from the cash register.

• 3 weeks later...

we only need the credit system whereby we can save all receipts to be paid at a later date.

we havd a 25 table restaurant in a close knit community where many of our customers pay at once a month. not money up front required.

thank you 

clara

• Like 1
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

At this time the option of credit is not aviable.

Maybe in a future could be made any option to allow to make a credit invoice with total payment or partial payments.

This is common in my Country (Costa Rica).

Thanks for your atention.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Topic: Insert Advance Credit/Payment for customers (ex. Consumable amount) to have a balanced cash/transactions for the shift (see last photo for shift report)

Solution: Create a Discount (For Cash) with Variable Amount and Payment Type (For Credit Card and/or Cheque) for Advance Credit

IF Advance Credit is paid thru Cash:

Step 1: On POS, Shift > Cash Management > Input amount of deposit > Comment Customer Name or Table No. > PAY IN

Step 2:Enter customer orders under one ticket

Step 3.a: Enter advance credit amount on discount created earlier on customer’s ticket. 

Step 3.b:If multiple tables/tickets: Place the discount on one of the tickets, merge the ticket before charging the transaction

Step 4: Press CHARGE to end the transaction and determine the remaining balance for the transaction (if there is).

IF Advance Credit is paid thru Credit Card/Cheque:

Step 1.a: Enter customer orders under one ticket

Step 1.b: If multiple tables/tickets: merge the ticket before charging the transaction

Step 2: Press CHARGE to end the transaction

Step 3: Press SPLIT (Upper right corner) to split payment.

Step 4: Enter advance credit amount under Payment Type created earlier for advance credit

Step 5: Select which payment type to be used to settle amount difference.

*See photos for example

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am a summer camp director and we are evaluating if Loyverse can help us run our Camp Store.  Currently, we have 200+ campers per week and we do not allow them to use cash at our camp store due to losing/sharing of monies etc.  We require their parent to purchase a store card of their choice amount and then track deductions from that amount based on what their child purchases.  We currently track all accounts by hand.  Essentially we would want customer accounts to have an account balance of say X amount of money to start and then deduct purchases from that balance not letting it go negative.  Specific answers to the questoin are below.

1. Does not matter, it is likely we wouldn't award loyalty points at all.

2. Yes, we would likely only use the deposit account option.

3. Yes, at the end of the summer we would need an option to refund deposit accounts with leftover money.

Sometimes our customer order a birthday cake for next week while they've put 50% down payment/advance credit today. Please add this feature.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If at all possible when the new credit function/system is being created the ability to allow loyalty points to be added directly to a customers account without generating sales would be useful. ie Gift points for inhouse games, points as a reinbursment instead of cash.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

We require payment on account for customers, we didn't realise that Loyverse didn't offer this. We sell items and then customers make payments towards their balances also a purchase history would be useful to see when the customer purchased a particular item so you can check if the item is returned in the correct timeframe. Unfortunately, until this is available we have had to switch to an alternative system – but we had invested in the printer and scanner that’s compatible with Loyverse before realising the lack of customer account facility ;0(

• Like 2

Hi, we loved the App but were disappointed to findout that it doesn't Support Credit Sale. We at times sell products on credit and our customers make payments in agreed time frame ( either partial or full). So we would appreciate if Credit Sale option is made available with reminders (via email / SMS) to customers when the due date approaches or if he is late. There is an App "Momobills" that has this option but misses out on all the other good things that Loyverse offers. With regards to questions that you have put have following suggestions:

1. With regards to loyalty points, the customer who purchases goods on Credit is already getting the facility of credit from us so loyalty points can be withdrawn / not given but to encourage payment on time a ratio of the original loyalty points can be given to customers making balance payments on time. With regards to customers who are paying in advance installments to buy a product the loyalty point ratio can be increased.

2. Employees should not be able to add the credit sale accounts on their own. But if an employee vouches for a customer for him tobe Given the facility of credit sale that credit sale should somehow be linked to that employee so that if the customer doesn't pay the said amount can be added to employees tab.

3. If you provide the option of advance payments / installments then there should be the option of refund for that.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

i agree.. customer deposit feature would be sooo greatt... pluss.. please add customer qr code in order to create a member card. so.. when the customers pay, they just need to scan their member card.. and pay with their deposit.. thanks

• Like 1

yes, we need this, 

and also a price matrix system which automatically adds discount when a preset quantity is reached, like Microsoft Dynamics

the only two thing i found loyverse lacking

• Like 1

I have been doing this for two businesses already and have been just inventing new forms of payment so i can track it.  

but please, this feature will be very useful, and important for all my businesses!

• 11 months later...

Bottles are not only used in Germany with a deposit. In addition to bottles, there is also a glass deposit or mug deposit.
Is there the option of installing a deposit function so that the deposit is automatically added to items?
A return function is also required, if the customer brings the bottle back, the deposit must be paid out again.

If I observe this correctly, there are many users who would like a deposit function.
it does not have to be free if that is too much programming effort, maybe you can integrate this function with the employee management?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

is there anything new to report?
The deposit function is very important - and we would need it at short notice.

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

3 months later - is there anything new tote Depositar function?

And - is it possible to make a 2. Price for articles - example a Happy Hour Price?

• 5 months later...
On 7/14/2018 at 10:01 PM, Alex said:

1. Would you like to reward customer with loyalty points at the time of "On account" purchase? Or when customer actually makes deposit? Or it does not matter?

2. Should any employee be able to create house accounts for a customers with 0$ credit limit (meaning each customer by default able only to make deposits, i.e. upfront payment). And the option to change credit limit should require special access rights?

3. Do you need an option to refund deposits? If so, how important is this feature for you?

Hello is there a news about this option ??

Really its so important to us , Most of your Competitors added it , but we love loyverse.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi

Is there any update on this topic? We need the feature too to keep track of client accounts... please!!

How could you record credit sales per customer? This option is necessary to track accounts receivable and does not affect the cash balance or inventory

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello  really  we need   this  option t be developp   and  add  

many  of  our  client  pay  several days  after delivery 

we  are  a spirit  factory  and we   do  delivery  first  paiement  are  usually in 2 or 3 part 

• 2 months later...
On 10/23/2020 at 3:47 PM, Mido said:
On 7/14/2018 at 10:01 PM, Alex said:

Hello dear Alex ,

is there any update ! ☺️

It seems that this "Essential" feature of providing a customer credit function or at least allowing for a more configurable loyalty option which could allow for points to be earned by specific products; is not something the LOYVERSE team thinks important.  seems this option has been requested dozens of times and there are paid systems, very similar to this system that have this feature.  Can LOYVERSE either advise on whether this feature would be added or whether they will offer a more comprehensive "paid" system that has all these features.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello! Let me explain the workaround in more detail.

1. Add the customer who wants to pay later on the Backoffice or POS.

2022-07-07_15h56_05.thumb.png.c49800eebb671733e4fd726cc58d4214.png

2. Add new payment type "Account receivable" in the setting of the Backoffice.

2022-07-07_15h58_40.thumb.png.7ea4bdc6dc399755bed08fc1e0a85ab6.png

2022-07-07_15h59_45.png.69bf8abfff8beebe922c544c22c3d7e4.png

3. When making sales, add the customer who wants to pay later.

2022-07-07_16h01_35.thumb.png.8add539ce8d5ffadff5a55fb7cbb65e4.png

4. On the Charge screen, tap the "Account receivable".

If the customer wants to pay by cash partially now, and later pay the rest of the payment, you can split the payment.

In this example shown in the screenshots, the customer "Brown" decided to pay €500 by cash at first and pays €1000 later.

2022-07-07_16h03_05.thumb.png.4a97307320296434441ed4c20fb2b4db.png

2022-07-07_16h06_39.thumb.png.5759f487360c4624de8cc9d80c319bfd.png

5. In the reciept secition on the Backoffice, you can search receipts by customer names.

And in the sales by payment type section, you can see the whole balance of the account receivable.

2022-07-05_12h25_53.thumb.png.e5b4e4531282193a579c9fe9bb45f3ff.png

2022-07-05_12h27_24.thumb.png.0746d379290a2cb8a3608a08760c0fad.png

6.When the customer comes back and pays for her balance, we need to cancel the old receipt and issue her a new one for the full amount due.

2022-07-05_12h41_41.thumb.png.2c89bfef0271fa7cd1b9a8ec44459109.png

Note: In the example shown in the screenshots, because it is required to delete the whole old receipt, it is written that the total amount due is €1500 in the new receipt.

But Mr.Brown already paid €500 by cash before. So you need to make sure that you receive $1000 this time and tap the "Charge" button.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

When we define a Credit (financed) payment method, we have no way to apply a direct payment to those invoices.  It is understood that those invoices that did not receive a Cash or Credit Card payment will require a future payment.  We should be able to relate an incoming payment to an invoice.

Hi @EdgarGomez👋

I was also wondering how to manage that in my business. Some time ago I found a workaround by using open tickets. Maybe it will help you as well. 

I have customers that want to make payment some time later. The way I handle it is I am adding products and customer to the receipt, then saving it. This way I can keep the ticket without charging for as long as I need. When my customer is back to pay for it, I am just searching for his/her ticket in the open tickets list and then charging. 

Earlier, when I didn't know that I can use open tickets, I was charging the receipt immediately with "credit sales" as payment type so I knew that the receipt was not really paid. When the customer was back, I was going to the back office and canceling that receipt, then making another one with correct payment type (cash or card). 

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a way to listen to a pending Invoice or Order when a cashier create an order via the POS before the payment complete ?

Can this be done via webhook?

• 1 month later...

Hi Markus and Osuka, Can I applied your solution on handheld POS because I tried to follow your 6 steps but I did not succeeded so far, can you please show me how I do solve the issue of paying later on handheld POS?

Hello Freinds, I have a handheld 5" display POS, I distribut foodstuff to mini markets, my customers pays only in cash partially, how can I issue a receipte reflecting the payment transaction and how I return to this customer in order to pay me the remaining receipte amount and to close the balance?

Hi! 

I am using a suggestion from another user in this case. I created payment type "credit sales". Then I am leaving the comment on how much the customer paid me and charging the ticket using "credit sales" payment type. Then I am searching for the receipt and checking how much more customer needs to pay me. After that I am just canceling the receipt made before and making another one with correct payment type. 

• Like 1

We have a similar issue, although not as frequent I suspect. From time to time a regular customer cannot pay their entire bar tab and there is no way (it seems) to accept a partial cash payment. (see attached image where cash is grayed out)

Perhaps you can just ALLOW partial cash payments and leave a balance on the ticket? This seems like a relatively simple change ... hopefully.

Splitting a ticket seems to still require full payment of the bill. Some of our customers run tabs and pay as they are able. 😉

We have considered creating a second Cash type, but cannot remove the first one and it would also screw up reporting.

Screenshot_20221206-152228.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all I looked at the various topics but could not find the right answer.

Almost everyday we have companies visiting that want to pay on account. This is fine but we do not know how to make this work in Loyverse. We are just started with Loyverse so we are still in the learning phase 😅

On 12/16/2022 at 1:07 PM, stephendeman said:

Hi all I looked at the various topics but could not find the right answer.

Almost everyday we have companies visiting that want to pay on account. This is fine but we do not know how to make this work in Loyverse. We are just started with Loyverse so we are still in the learning phase 😅

Hello

At the moment, Loyverse do not have a credit sales(pay on account/installment sale) feature. But you can try to use the suggestions, leaved by Loyverse users in this chat.

• 1 month later...
On 12/19/2022 at 8:28 AM, Georg said:

Hello

At the moment, Loyverse do not have a credit sales(pay on account/installment sale) feature. But you can try to use the suggestions, leaved by Loyverse users in this chat.

Hi Georg,

This is a very needed request is loyverse working on these request and is there a timeline of completion for any new Features that are not Integration to other systems ? 

Hope to see more features added.

Regards,

Patrick

Edited by Patrick15
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Patrick15 said:

is there a timeline of completion for any new Features that are not Integration to other systems ? 

Hello, Patrick

Unfortunately, I don't have such information. But our team trying to add all the popular features to our system. I hope the credit sales feature also will be added in the future updates.

• Like 3
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

The solution provided here is an extreme hassle. suppose we have a customer coming in and buying products every day, then paying at the end of the month. in order to settle his payment, we have to cancel ALL Credit receipts, which will have all items returned to stock. Then create another receipt that includes all the products he purchased during this month (to account for all sold stock). 

We need a faster solution that will convert all Credit Sales receipts to Cash receipts, and thus void the credit in favor of Cash. 

• 7 months later...

Any update on the bottle deposits? In the US most state require that we collect a FLAT RATE deposit for most bottles sold. In my current POS system I am able to accomplish this by having a Flat rate tax applied to certain products. All loyverse needs to do is allow both percentage based taxes and flat rate taxes. Then we'd be off and running.

• 2 months later...

Hello Loyverse team,

We hope you would seriously consider our request with all above members to add the credit (pay later) payment and we trust you are always there listening to your members & clients.

BR

Tan