Loyverse does not sync open tickets on all POS devices as mentioned

Maslou
Go to solution Solved by Mia,

There are lots of ways to uniquely identify open orders across different devices, automatically or manually!! Why not sync them across all the devices then? At present, I have lots of troubles if the customer adds/update his order then I need to find the right device and then only make changes. Same chaos happens at the time of billing, I need to find the right device and only then I can generate the bill. It's not really agile in an agile world. I need to book customers with their representatives only.

If the person who took the order has his shift over then he can't leave because he will take away the open order with him.

You can also track who add/update the order by adding a subscript for the modifier - if this what you think is a challenge. In short, it's not a big change but it makes the application use the cloud capabilities little better.

• 2 years later...

Hello, I want to use the kitchen display screen, but our take-out orders are in a separate building, so we use a different internet connection.
Any suggested solution for this?
Can we log out of the POS from our first site and then log into our second site where our KDS is located and where they share the same router?

Hi Shine, 

If you have different POS devices and each is placed in different locations, the open tickets will be synced as long as all POS devices have an internet connection; however, if you take orders at POS 1 which is located at building A and you would expect the orders to be displayed in KDS which is connected at POS 2 (both located at building B), I'm afraid such set up is not possible. You can add another order to open tickets from POS 2, then it will be shown on KDS because the KDS displays order at the moment you save an (open) ticket.

Please do let us know if you have additional question.

• 1 month later...

We have several occasions that the open tickets were entered by different terminals at the tables didn't appear at the register terminal so we couldn't use the cashier's terminal.

Hello!

Are all your POS devices connected to the internet all the time?

The list of open tickets can be seen on any POS device in the same shop as long as the POS devices are connected to the internet. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Please is it normal that open tickets disappears after syncronisation at the end of the day? (the terminal works without internet during the day).

Thank you!

Hello Mijhar, 

Do you mean that you make sales and create Open tickets during the day while the POS device is not connected to the internet. Then, at the end of the day, you connect the POS device with the internet and click the Sync button in the POS app. After you click the sync button, the Open tickets that you have created during the day disappear. Is it correct? 

What about closed receipts? Are they successfully synchronized with the Back-office ?

• 2 months later...

I have been trying out Loyverse premium for a few days now. I currently use 3 POS devices, one iPad and 2 iPad Minis. I have found that in spite of being connected to the same Wifi network, Loyverse does not sync open tickets across all devices - in spite of having the "Manage open tickets across all devices" option turned on in the back office. This is a pretty breaking situation for me, and I presume it would be the case for most restaurants and establishments which use multiple POS devices. Is there a reason why it does not sync?

• Solution

Hello, 

Open tickets are synchronized among all POS devices that are assigned under the same store as long as all the POS devices are connected to the internet. 

If you are experiencing synchronization issue, I strongly suggest you to firstly update the POS app to the latest version in all your POS devices. 

Secondly, you can also try to click the sync button manually: 

image.thumb.png.a3e6054eff4b5bdf2b7a5ab4d18d4b56.png

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, SILINGAN said:

Hi. I have tried the same thing, manually clicking on 'Sync' but it does not update at all.

Hello. Are all your POS device connected to the internet? 

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi Loyverse Team,

Thanks for getting back and apologies for resurrecting an old thread. From our experience, we faced the sync issues mostly with Apple iOS tablets, even if both the tablet OS and the loyverse app were updated to the latest versions. This seems to be an issue from Apple's end, with Apple throttling bandwidth for internet in standby mode. We switched to Lenovo's Android tabs and have not faced any sync issues between them since.

Thanks again

cltfoodies