How to use Loyverse with different VAT rates

James Lavud
Go to solution Solved by Fanny,

Simply add the different tax rates at the back office and afterwards add items accordingly in your list as per the tax rates. Or just create different tax rates at back office and create one common list of items without taxes and later add it at the billing stage. Cheers.

• 1 year later...

nearly all EU countries have different VAT rates -standard, reduced, zero, and sometimes more- for different types of goods en services

all businesses and shopkeepers have to deal with that because they sell different types of goods; for instance beer (alcohol) is standard rate but the pizza (food) is reduced rate

a POS system with only one tax rate in the EU is pretty useless

is there a solution?

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding Loyverse POS.

We have a restaurant and we just opened a food shop next to it. In the shop, we sell products with different VAT (we are based in Italy and we have products with 4, 10, 22%).

I was able to set up all the VAT rates for the different products and it works great.

We have the fiscal checkout machine required by the local laws and I wish it was a compatible model, but it seems it is not.

That being said, I would like to use Loyverse to manage our stock level and help us track the sales of the different categories of products based on the VAT and to help the cashier in the checkout process.

At this time, our cashier must digit on the checkout machine the value of the goods and the corresponding VAT rate. For example: if a customer buys 1kg of apples at €3.00, 2 kg of beef at 12€, 1 bottle of wise at 7€, 3kg of oranges at 4€ the casher must digit:

3.00+4% button

12.00+10% button

7.00+22% button

4.00+4% button (again).

It would be great if Loyverse could help me to get around this. 

Ideally, I would like to use Loyvers to input all the goods bought by the customer and then have a report the total value of the goods divided by the VAT rate, so that the cashier can input the totals and hit the VAT rate only once.

Please see the attached picture to understand what I need.

Does this make sense to you and has anybody worked out a way to do something like this?

Screenshot 2020-03-24 at 14.44.15.png

Edited by LaDispensa
Added image

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

As far as I know, in the total it is not possible to divide the tax based on the amount it is applied to.

It is possible to have different tax on each item, but the question is it the same tax on the same item all the times, or does it differ from one sale to the other?

How to apply different tax on each item can be done from the item's card on the back office or the POS (this is useful if you have the tax applied to the item in all purchases)

image.png.695422f19d726bb794ad9b8a01db0e50.png

Or on the item on the ticket on the POS (good if you apply the tax differently from one sale to the other)

image.png.75c0c6c20dba1804ecfc1d33613a6dc7.png

I have 2 different types of taxes in my account, so this is how my receipts would like and I am afraid it is not possible to change the receipts format and how it is organized

image.png.5c0dec59d7ad577dda0c9dbd2fd3b941.png

Edited by Fanny

• 11 months later...

I need to allocate different VAT rates for different items, i.e. Alcoholic drinks need a VAT rate of 20%, Food and soft drinks and teas coffees etc need to be 5% VAT. How can I achieve this in Loyverse please?

You can achieve this by pre-setting the taxes on each of those items through the Back Office. If you simply go to the item's > item's list and then going to its item card, you'll find the Taxes Section for that item as shown in the picture down below:image.png.4ce4a45d88461207ad98abd370064777.png

You can select which taxes should be applied to certain items and which taxes should not be.

However, if you have a lot of items and you would want to do it in a bulk manner, then you can simply export the item in the item's list and then open the file. Keep in mind that the file that you are opening is a .csv file and is not a normal excel file. Next, you can scroll the file all the way to the right side to find the column section where the taxes are located and for all those items, you can either set them to "Y" meaning yes or "N" meaning no depending on which items you would specific taxes to be applied in as shown in the picture provided: 

image.thumb.png.a36dca604ae8a934fa9a7e3eb5aae9a7.png