Suggestion - custom meta data

armadillobrillo

I am thinking about using Loyverse API to retrieve item type available for sell and have them displayed dynamically on a menu on our website for instance, or any other location.

While I can now retrieve this info, I would need to have our other system reconcile and categorise the items types on its own (manually mainly)

Have you considered adding in the Backoffice of customers with the API enabled a generic key/value field for custom metadata on the Item view?

Something a bit like the Variant option, but simpler. Just a way to add custom key/value metadata that system interacting with your API can use to categorise stuff, and to keep loyersee as the owner of this info. So that essentially when editing Item Types in the backoffice, with the right metadata, a menu on a subsystem would be updated automatically with no need for manual categorisation for instance.

Edited by armadillobrillo

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/16/2020 at 2:13 AM, armadillobrillo said:

I am thinking about using Loyverse API to retrieve item type available for sell and have them displayed dynamically on a menu on our website for instance, or any other location.

While I can now retrieve this info, I would need to have our other system reconcile and categorise the items types on its own (manually mainly)

Have you considered adding in the Backoffice of customers with the API enabled a generic key/value field for custom metadata on the Item view?

Something a bit like the Variant option, but simpler. Just a way to add custom key/value metadata that system interacting with your API can use to categorise stuff, and to keep loyersee as the owner of this info. So that essentially when editing Item Types in the backoffice, with the right metadata, a menu on a subsystem would be updated automatically with no need for manual categorisation for instance.

Hello Armadillobrillo,

Thank you for your comment.
We can receive http GET request, so that you can export item/category information from Loyverse BackOffice.

Loyverse Point of Sale