Geoffrey

Deduct deposit

Question

Hi everybody,

i have a question about a specific transaction that we have a lot in our bar.

For example, group of 4, the first one leaves and want to gives a 'deposit' of 10 euro for the total bill.

How can I deduct this 10euro of the total bill? 

If I chose split bill it will split / divide by x amount of people but I can't chose to deduct a fix amount.

Thank you for the help

Kind regards

Geoffrey

2 answers to this question

Hello,

You can use one of these two options:

OPTION 1: You can make use of the function: Split Open tickets. You can split the original open ticket and move the items that the customer, who is leaving, wants to pay or have the value that the customer wants to pay in a new open ticket and leave in the original open ticket all other items. Afterwards, you can charge this new open ticket you created for this customer and the other customers will have to pay only the remaining value.

You can refer to this help article: How to split open tickets

OPTION 2: You can create an amount discount without a defined value. And when the first customer leaves and pays a deposit, you can add a comment to the open ticket that this customer paid this deposit and apply the discount you created to the open ticket and indicate the value of the discount equal to the value of the deposit the customer paid.

You can check all details on how to create a discount without a defined value and how it is used here.

I hope this helps.

Hello,
Example:
- I have a table with 5 customers
- 1 customer wishes to leave before the others
- He decides to pay 30 € on the total of the bill
- Others not wishing to pay for the moment (they stay and still want to consume)
- So I can't choose to split the bill without everyone paying
- I also cannot use split ticket because the € 30 does not correspond precisely to the items that the customer has consumed

Is there another possibility to deduct these 30 € from the ticket without going through a discount so as not to distort the actual amount of the ticket?

Sorry for my English, I am French, I used google translation