How does an employee ensure that a credit card sale has been completed after handing the POS over to the customer for tip and signature?

grandmasbeerco

How does an employee ensure that a credit card sale has been completed after handing the POS over to the customer for tip and signature? I just completed a sale where the POS was handed to the customer for tip and signature on a card, and when I checked the receipt afterward, the customer had backtracked and completed the sale as a cash transaction (despite not paying in cash). Whether it was intentional or just an accident, it appears that a customer can back out of a sale without an employee knowing the transaction was not completed.

Hello! Could you clarify which payment system you are using?

Loyverse is integrated with Sumup, Worldpay and CardConnect payment systems. If you use one of them, then in POS you will see whether the payment was successful or not. If you use a non-integrated payment system and your employee adds the payment amount manually to terminal, then such cases are possible when the customer rejects the transaction, but the employee does not see it in POS.

Hi! Thanks for reply. 

In the case of Sumup, the customer selects a tip on the POS screen. And can click Back on this screen and pay by cash. Therefore, the cashier must follow the actions of the customer, whether he is doing the right way. But the best solution would be to use CDS. Then the customer can select a tip on the Customer Display screen, and the cashier can monitor everything from the screen of POS. Please read the article about tips https://help.loyverse.com/help/how-add-tips-payments-made-through

I would like to clarify as well, have you seen any message, like Connection Error or something else, when it happened?

The link you sent isn't working, but I'll research how to enable a customer display screen. We do get a message that the bluetooth reader needs to be reconnected occasionally, but that isn't what happened in this case. I've used several tablet-based POS systems, and all of them to this point have features in place to ensure that the customer can't back out of the CC payment screen, so I was hopeful Loyverse did as well. Thanks again for your assistance.