Senior Discount in Philippines

JamesLee
Go to solution Solved by Amirah,

in our country we have such a call senior discount and this discount is computed by this formula:

Product Price: P300
VAT Rate: 12%
Formula: Selling Price ÷ VAT Rate = VAT Exempt Sales
Solution: P300 ÷ 1.12 = P267.86

Senior citizens are given a 20% discount on every goods and services. To compute for the discount, subtract the percentage by multiplying the VAT exempt sales by 20%.

Formula: VAT Exempt Sales x 20% = Senior Citizen Discount
Solution: P267.86 x 0.20 = P53.57

- I cannot add the less VAT in our POS before we less the 20% discount, can you help me? Is there a way? I hope there is.

• Solution

I am afraid it is not possible to do that on Loyverse, the discount will be deducted first and then the taxes taken into account after that

Please refer to the below image for a test receipts I made

image.png

Another point, taxes in Loyverse are calculated differently. I would recommend checking the below link for more information on how they are calcualted

https://help.loyverse.com/help/how-taxes-are-calculated

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Amirah,

Thank you for taking time to answer my question. One more, would it be possible to have that feature for Loyverse even we pay certain fee to develop that senior discount?

Honestly, we love Loyverse and it really help us in our business. I hope you will consider this for us.

Thank you.

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

I had this problem too but what I eventually did as a compromise was to create a variable senior citizen discount. I only needed to compute specific orders with a calculator then manually add the discount later on. 

Edited by POSLover

• 1 year later...
On 2/9/2021 at 6:31 PM, POSLover said:

I had this problem too but what I eventually did as a compromise was to create a variable senior citizen discount. I only needed to compute specific orders with a calculator then manually add the discount later on. 

how did you go about this? cant seem to get a hang on finding an alternative for the discount to apply