I would like to ask what command I will put to align the text to left side: ESC/POS Commands

RedRider
Go to solution Solved by Michael-Or,

My Epson TM-M10

It prints everything a bit too far to the left and leaves too much space on the right margin.

I added the following ESC/POS command

1B,61,01

It kinda works because it centres all the text which is not really what I want.

I prefer to move everything about 3-4mm to the right.

Anyone know what ESC/POS command to use for that?

My printer is set up as an other printer.

PS. I have gone through every setting and adjusting the paper width but 48mm is the max setting I can use.

Hi

I would like to ask what command I will put to align the text to left side. seems like the text starts on the center of the page.

Also, I accidentally removed all the ECS/POS command and now, every time the order slip is printed, the drawer will not open automatically.

Hoping someone can help. Thank you

84610119_2547469805495134_8388598181704761344_n.jpg

• Solution

Format:

Hex       $1D $4C nL nH

ASCII     GL  L   nL nH

Decimal   27  76  nL nH

• In standard mode, sets the left margin to [(nL + (nH × 256)) × (horizontal motion unit)] from the left edge of the printable area. Uses Two Byte Number Definitions.
  • This command is enabled only when processed at the beginning of a line. (When the current line is empty)
  • This command applies the justification within the area set by Left Margin and Print Area Width
  • This command will justify all data in the printing area such as characters, graphics, bit images, bar code and space area set by Horizontal Tab, Absolute and Relative print positions.

Screenshot(1).png.d2903da0ffa12ee8022558d2ccd6f9f2.png

https://reliance-escpos-commands.readthedocs.io/en/latest/layout.html#d4c

• 7 months later...

Hello,

Is it possible to set the left margin using ESC/POS Command ?

I understand that I can add ESC/POS Commands in Advanced Settings (Initial / Cutter / Drawer commands)

I've also found that the code to set the left margin for my printer is : 

ASCII  GS  L  nL  nH
Hex.  1D  4C  nL  nH
Decimal  29  76  nL  nH

Can anyone show me where to apply those codes? or any other codes to set the left margin 

Thanks

Budi

10 minutes ago, retms said:

Hi, thanks for directing me to this post
I've read this thread before, in fact I've tried to add, for example,  1D,4C,50  in Initial/Cutter/Drawer section, but to no avail

The printer would print garbage instead

On 9/19/2020 at 1:11 AM, retms said:

Hello,

Thanks again for the response.

Unfortunately, the problem is not that i do not know what the command is,

but rather which section should I put it    eg. should I put the command in  Initial or Cutter or Drawer section?

On 9/20/2020 at 10:33 AM, BudiJatmiko said:

but rather which section should I put it    eg. should I put the command in  Initial or Cutter or Drawer section?

try to write indentation commands in the initial section. The main thing is that your printer supports them.

• 4 months later...

Hi do you know the esc/pos commands for a generic bluetooth printer 58mm. The print gets cut when I print a very long receipt and if I add '0A' many times, it just cuts the paper very very long if I print a short receipt.

It prints correctly if there's only 2 items but it messes up if i add more than 2 items.

It's a hassle to manually change the esc/pos commands every time I need to print a long receipt. Been reading tons of commands from other printer manuals since mine doesn't have one but it's hard to understand and some don't work or I can't even type the command on the app. 😞

please help.

IMG_20210126_012824_195.thumb.jpg.7eff9f0260f714cf63ff12ca8a807df3.jpg

• 3 months later...
On 1/26/2021 at 11:13 AM, PPascual said:

Hi do you know the esc/pos commands for a generic bluetooth printer 58mm. The print gets cut when I print a very long receipt and if I add '0A' many times, it just cuts the paper very very long if I print a short receipt.

It prints correctly if there's only 2 items but it messes up if i add more than 2 items.

It's a hassle to manually change the esc/pos commands every time I need to print a long receipt. Been reading tons of commands from other printer manuals since mine doesn't have one but it's hard to understand and some don't work or I can't even type the command on the app. 😞

please help.

IMG_20210126_012824_195.thumb.jpg.7eff9f0260f714cf63ff12ca8a807df3.jpg

Any updates on this issue. I am also facing same issue. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Please help, been trying to figure out how to fix the settings for the printing of receipt. It prints too much to the right side, do share on ESC/POS command if you know. Appreciate it, and thank you so much in advance.  

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-23 at 18.48.14.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-23 at 18.47.50 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-01-23 at 18.47.50.jpeg

• 8 months later...

Hi all,

I'm very new to thermal printers and POS in general, but I've searched around extensively for an answer before reaching out here.

I have a fair few modifiers on my orders and a fairly narrow 58mm printer.
After a lot of work, I managed to get my printer printing sensibly, but as you can see from the attached photo below, as the modifiers get added on they move across the receipt and loop round.

Is there any ESC/POS code that might get it to print everything left or stop the right tabs?

I'm using a Jolimark TP510UB printer.

Thanks in advance!
James

PXL_20220926_165231498.thumb.jpg.8db44553ceac36a4702e6437ce1d0a65.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm very new to thermal printers and POS in general, but I've searched around extensively for an answer before reaching out here.

I have a fair few modifiers on my orders and a fairly narrow 58mm printer.
After a lot of work, I managed to get my printer printing sensibly, but as you can see from the attached photo below, as the modifiers get added on they move across the receipt and loop round.

Is there any ESC/POS code that might get it to print everything left or stop the horizonal tabs?

I'm using a Jolimark TP510UB printer.

Thanks in advance!
James

PXL_20220926_165231498.jpg

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, JillWT said:

GoojPRT Bluetooth printer PT-210 prints extra blank space after every receipt. How do I change this?

IMG_20230202_161655.jpg

Mine did that after the printer was dropped. 

• 4 months later...
On 2/3/2023 at 12:06 AM, Eureka said:

Mine did that after the printer was dropped. 

Were you able to fix it?

On 2/2/2023 at 4:17 PM, JillWT said:

GoojPRT Bluetooth printer PT-210 prints extra blank space after every receipt. How do I change this?

IMG_20230202_161655.jpg

got the same situation here. have you found a way to fix this?

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 2/2/2023 at 8:17 AM, JillWT said:

IMG_20230202_161655.jpg

Hello, Were you able to get this issue resolved? I have the same problem with my GoojPRT Bluetooth printer. Can't seem to find a solution.. 20240409_155248.thumb.jpg.4412396da443cf8cabddefa6a838d877.jpg