Online sales

Karen

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Karen!, I am a restaurant operator with 33 years experience, currently Chief Of Operations of a 22 unit QSR company.. I am currently in Beta Testing with Loyverse for our stores. As online ordering is a must in today's market, we thought out of the box. And I must say the result is very good. There are plenty of quality 3rd party online ordering systems available. I will not recommend a specific one in this forum, however a diligent search of the web should return some good candidates, some free, some not. There are good choices in both categories.

Remember, Loyverse runs on an iOs or Android system. And many of the online ordering systems can send your orders via an app you can download onto the same tablet that loyverse is running on, or another separate tablet if you choose. (We use 2 separate tablets). 

There are MANY business advantages to this approach. As we have found, keeping the online and pos separate, we have gained a dynamic ability to modify specials and offer profit driven menus online, and a broader offering in store As generally speaking you can control the online ordering and pos menu independently. Second, we have reduced ordering errors. when a team member must input the online order in to the pos, it can act as an error buffer, many times a team member can spot problems before the order gets made, whereas in an integrated system, many times the kitchen ticket just prints, and a potential check for problems is missed. You must also learn to embrace simplicity in this approach. There will be a savings in the reduced training time and general SNAFU problems inherent in many common pos software and platforms. The time you spend dealing with all of that is worth something. Somewhere along the way the major pos providers convinced us we needed all the bells and whistles to thrive. I am here to say, No you don't.

Sometimes a simple approach to the solution is practical, and best. I think at least in regards to the future of restaurant tech goes; Its best to deal with people who do one thing well. Loyverse has made a very well designed and simple product. And as I stated previously there are many Online ordering providers out there who do a terrific job, for little to no cost. And i must also state there is an enhanced degree of security that will be had from this approach, when your systems function independently of each other; The risk of your entire systems being exposed to Malware or attack is very greatly reduced. The very nature of isolated systems is a very secure approach. 

Best Wishes In You Technical Endeavors 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 9/11/2019 at 10:36 PM, Amanda said:

Can my customers make orders online?

As explained above, yes and no. You would have to use a seperate provider, (GloriaFood for example, it's free) and manually input the orders. There are good and bad sides to manually entering the orders. Check out the post by PizzaBoy77 for a more detailed explination.

I am a restaurant operator with 33 years experience, currently Chief Of Operations of a 22 unit QSR company.. I am currently in Beta Testing with Loyverse for our stores. As online ordering is a must in today's market, we thought out of the box. And I must say the result is very good. There are plenty of quality 3rd party online ordering systems available. I will not recommend a specific one in this forum, however a diligent search of the web should return some good candidates, some free, some not. There are good choices in both categories.

Remember, Loyverse runs on an iOs or Android system. And many of the online ordering systems can send your orders via an app you can download onto the same tablet that loyverse is running on, or another separate tablet if you choose. (We use 2 separate tablets). 

There are MANY business advantages to this approach. As we have found, keeping the online and pos separate, we have gained a dynamic ability to modify specials and offer profit driven menus online, and a broader offering in store As generally speaking you can control the online ordering and pos menu independently. Second, we have reduced ordering errors. when a team member must input the online order in to the pos, it can act as an error buffer, many times a team member can spot problems before the order gets made, whereas in an integrated system, many times the kitchen ticket just prints, and a potential check for problems is missed. You must also learn to embrace simplicity in this approach. There will be a savings in the reduced training time and general SNAFU problems inherent in many common pos software and platforms. The time you spend dealing with all of that is worth something. Somewhere along the way the major pos providers convinced us we needed all the bells and whistles to thrive. I am here to say, No you don't.

Sometimes a simple approach to the solution is practical, and best. I think at least in regards to the future of restaurant tech goes; Its best to deal with people who do one thing well. Loyverse has made a very well designed and simple product. And as I stated previously there are many Online ordering providers out there who do a terrific job, for little to no cost. And i must also state there is an enhanced degree of security that will be had from this approach, when your systems function independently of each other; The risk of your entire systems being exposed to Malware or attack is very greatly reduced. The very nature of isolated systems is a very secure approach. 

• 2 years later...

Hi, I was also looking into this and I noticed that by using Integrations add-on there are some services that I can connect to which offer online ordering. Can you please confirm whether that's possible?

Hello, dear user

Yes, now it is possible to connect your Loyverse accunt with the online ordering/delivery services through one of our partners. 
Please, follow this article: