Is it possible to connect an Epson TM-T20ii to a Wireless Router that has a USB port?

Carlos Os
Go to solution Solved by Maido no Kisetsu,

Is it possible to connect an  Epson TM-T20ii (USB) to a Wireless Router that has a USB port, so this way I can found the printer on my Wifi Network ? I will use an iPad as POS

• Solution

I've had this work before but it heavily depends if the router offers a printserver. That way basically any printer that understands the data format for POS printers would be able to be connected. It is noteworthy, however, that this adds another point of failure into your system and, in my experience, makes the whole system less reliable.

As long as the router supports a printserver function via USB you can simply connect it and use the router's IP inside the Loyverse POS App. It might be necessary to add a port (:3030 for example) at the end of the IP address, again depending on your exact router.

16 hours ago, Maido no Kisetsu said:

As long as the router supports a printserver function via USB you can simply connect it and use the router's IP inside the Loyverse POS App. It might be necessary to add a port (:3030 for example) at the end of the IP address, again depending on your exact router.

Just in case, all Loyverse printers work with port 9100. So you would need add a port :9100 in the end of IP, if it's needed

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2019 at 11:10 AM, andres said:

Just in case, all Loyverse printers work with port 9100. So you would need add a port :9100 in the end of IP, if it's needed

Where do we need to specify the port? 

I tried to connect a USB printer to a router that supports printers but unfortunately I was unable to use the port. 

17 hours ago, ARS said:

Where do we need to specify the port? 

I tried to connect a USB printer to a router that supports printers but unfortunately I was unable to use the port. 

It depends on your router. 

• 4 months later...

Anyone here how to setup USB thermal printer to work through network wirelessly. I have available external printserver, USB thermal printer, router and Android device. Your help s highly appreciated.

I read the thread and got about adding port :9100 I wonder how and where to add that. I tried to add it inside loyverse app next to the router's up address by it won't let me this way192.168.0.1.9100 

On 8/5/2019 at 6:43 PM, Maido no Kisetsu said:

read the instructions of your router