How to set static IP address for receipt printer?

Chuck
Go to solution Solved by Hänsel,

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I just sucessfully tested with TM 82II Ethernet. I pressed the Feed button and it printed out the IP. I then looked into my router to see the MAC address of printer and assign a fixed IP for it. But using Epson Utility is good, I will have it in my tablet.

Good luck!

• 11 months later...
  • Solution

Most printer manufacturers embed the web interface into their products, which makes it much easier to interact with printer configurations. Therefore, this manual can also be used to configure most printers.

Note:

Change the IP address only if the devices are in the same network. Therefore, if you have an additional device coverage on your network, then you might have to create another network to configure the hardware.
It's best if you have a friend who understands the work of the networks, and invite him to help you.

This video will show you the steps needed to switch a Star printer from DHCP to Static IP

Let's do it.

Finding the printer's IP address

Turn off the printer.

Press and hold the feed button.

Turn the printer back on.

Continue to hold the feed button until the Network Configuration report prints out.

Find the printer IP address. In my case, it has the last value: 192.168.192.101

1522920031.png.e692091d392e5065112b764ac96925e6.png

Setting the Static IP

1. Open your web browser and type the printer's IP address into the URL field

1522920860.thumb.png.06d6517d04fcb654fca0053320667add.png

2. Log into the Network Utility using these credentials; User: root Password: public (if there is a need).

3. In the left side menu click IP Parameters and select static. The current IP address  and subnet mask should autofill in.

1522920944.thumb.png.8effd4b2155d162840d15f295e2133fe.png

If necessary, enter the desired value in the IP address field.   

4. Click Submit
5. Select Save on the left side menu. Chose the option "Save => Configuration printing => Restart device" then click Execute.

The receipt printer should restart and print a new configuration report with Static next to the IP address instead of DHCP.

Before
1. Open your web browser and type the printer's IP address into the URL field

you have to connect printer and PC by Ethernet cable.

• 4 years later...

We use Epson TM-88 VII printers. 

These work well. 

Unfortunately, we always have an error message on the tablets (printer error) 

However, the order was printed. 

What is the reason for this? 

Can it be that the tablet has just changed from one AP to another? 

If so, how can this be c

hanged?

Hello,

If your devices occasionally lose connection, we recommend you set up a static IP for your printers and your POS device.You have to change the IP address either at the receipt printer or at your router.

For how to do it, refer to user manuals of these devices or contact your network administrator.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know.