Purchase (Cost) pricing without VAT-Taxes

PieterH

In our retail shop we are used to choose a selling price including VAT, but a purchase (Cost) price without VAT. Is this possible in Loyverse? 

When we set the Taxes to "Added to the price", we have to enter selling and purchase price both without VAT. The margin calculation is correct, but is not practical because we want to have rounded selling prices.

When we set the Taxes to "Included in the price", we have to enter selling and purchase price both including VAT. The margin calculation is still correct, but this is not practical because our suppliers give the prices without VAT. 

• Like 1

I tried to tell them this a while ago but unfortunately Loyverse wants it this way.  The response i got was that some countries dont have VAT, some have different rates etc, so to make things easy i guess they just want you to enter the amount with all your local taxes. I do manually adding of VAT in the cost price.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm interested in this. I don't see how it would be to difficult to have it so that if the product has vat on it loyverse would automatically add that percentage onto the cost price.

It's the amount of small details like this and the unwillingness to do anything about them that puts me off loyverse.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Im so happy that Ive found your app! Havent needed help until now and this is the first flaw Ive found so far.  vat is not a cost so adding it to the cost columns is counterintuitive... 

Best way would be to subtract vat from retail price before doing the margin calculation this way we have best of 3 worlds

1 retail prices with vat included

2 cost price with no vat 

3 correct margin % !!!

please fix or include an option

• Like 1