Can I limit rights of employees in back office?

Angelina
Go to solution Solved by Theodore,

• 4 weeks later...

image It's not so difficult but you just need to follow some steps.

Once you are in the Access Rights menu in the web Back Office you need to select the role of your employee, let's say, administrator.

Once you are in the administrator settings you can select various access rights. If you want your employee to access the Back Office then make sure the Back Office option is selected. Is quite big you will not miss it.

There is quite many access rights, you can play around and determine ehat is suitable for your needs.

Good! Now that role is set up we need to invite the employee to ceate a password in your Bac Office.

To do that we need to change to the employee list tab. Create a new employee or select an existing one. Fill the email field and choos the right role for him/her, in my case, administrator.

As soon as you select the right role, an option to invite the employee to the back office will appear.

If you tick this option, when you save the employee settings an invitation will be sent to your employee and they will have the possibility to set a password they can use to log in with their account into your Back Office.

How to chek if your employee received the invitation and created a password?

Easy, you need to open again your employees profile settings. If your employee have access then you will see his first log in information.

If he didn't create a password yet, it will tell you that it is still waiting for the employee to log in and that you can send a new invitation:

That's everything you need to know!

Perhaps one more thing. If you also need your employee log in to the app with their own email and password you also need to activate the access right "Manage POS devices"

• 6 months later...

Can I limit rights of employees in back office?

For example, I want to allow employees only to check the store inventory.

• 1 year later...

I would like to give some people access to the dashboard only. They should see all sales data of all stores, but nothing else. How can I do this? Do I need to enter them as employees and do I need to activate a POS for them for each store? Or is there also a different way?

Edited by Manuela

Hello Manuela,

To give someone access to Dashboard only you have to add him/her as an employee to the system but you do not have to activate a POS for them for every store. In fact you don’t have to activate any POS for them at all if you want that he/she has access only to the dashboard.

To achieve what you want you have to:

1-Go to the Back-Office->Employees’ section->Access right and create a new group that will have only the access rights that you have mentioned: Access to the dashboard only and see only sales data for each store and nothing else.

Put a name for the group and enable for it only the access right to Back office ->Report as shown in the picture below. 

image.thumb.png.6b2da3341b0e7172eb7f762d49f37dbe.png

Press SAVE button

2- Add the new employee who will have this special access right, enter his email (essential) , select as the role the new group you created with the special access right, and give this employee access to all stores. Save the new employee. 

image.thumb.png.e069e656b4e015374d9717f994c35d4f.png

Then the employee will receive instructions by email how to create his/her account connected to your account. After he creates his account he can enter to the back-office or Dashboard app with his email and password and he can see only the sales data , and no other information.

• 3 months later...

Hello,

I want that each employee can see only the open tickets that he/she has created and can not see all open tickets.

Hello,

You can manage the access rights of your employees so that each one of them can see only the open tickets that he/she created.

To do so, you have to go to your Back-office->Employees’ section->Access rights, open the group of the employees you want to edit the access rights and deselect the option: Manage all open tickets.

image.thumb.png.e51375fe41abbfbd6dc9246b17c6eb00.png

You can read all information on how to manage the access rights of your employees in this link: https://help.loyverse.com/help/how-manage-access-rights-employees

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Yes, you can change the role of an employee without deleting him/her.

To change the role of your employee, you have to go to your Back-office->Employees’ section->Employee list and open the profile of the employee you want to edit.

In the “Role” line, click the down arrow, choose another role for your employee from the drop down list and click the “Save button”.

image.png.5ac55b160789286d306f0270c3035266.png

That’s it, the role of your employee will be changed and now he will have the access rights that belongs to the new role.