Can I suggest tracking of items which are cancelled by cashier?

Jack CHK
Go to solution Solved by Rodrigo Díaz,

Can I suggest a report of all items which are cancelled during a transaction per cashier just like receipt cancelled? 

Actually there is a loophole whereby a Cashier can either delete or reduce the quantity of an item purchased while processing a transaction.

• Like 1

This is a serious flaw in the system. Now I am spending all my day tracking the voids, and quantity change. In the receipt export there is no original order number, only it has recipt number. What is the use of receipt number, VERY poor design. Tired of calling the helpdesk to add this field. Reporting is very poor. I asked for data dump, they can not even send me that.

Hello,

If you use open tickets there is an access right called "Void saved items in open tickets" that will require manager's PIN in order to void ticket/item in a ticket. It can help to prevent from unauthorized actions.

I've ticked that option but I do not see it working when tested. A Cashier profile can still cancel an item from a ticket and close the sale afterward without any request for manager's PIN. Did I miss anything?

I have this trouble now. Because I realized when there is an open ticket, the cashier can make a printed bill by click the button “print bill ”. And then show this bill to the guest and get the money (payment). But meanwhile this open ticket still can be modified or deleted, which means can delete some items from this open ticket or even delete this whole open ticket. And this will not be recorded or reported to any other device or back office. I think this is a super big bug for safety. 

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I think open ticket or orders cannot be voided by the cashier without the approval of the administrator or owner. Need passcode by the owner/admin

• 1 year later...

I think this issue really needs to be addressed. It makes theft easy, as the owner cannot see what has been deleted or voided; there needs to be a record of all actions through the system so that employees can be tracked in a transparent system. 

Also, I am willing to pay th$5 per month per employee to limit access rights, but in the trial of this I have tried both ticking and not ticking the 'void saved items in open tickets' box, and neither way stops the employees from deleting items or voiding whole tickets :-( this is a really serious flaw in the system, and if it is not addressed I will have to change to a different pos system... We need to leave the restaurant in the hands of our staff sometimes, but it is difficult if we cannot track all transactions (including deleted or voided items). How do we go about getting this fixed? Is there someone I should write to? Thanks! :-) 

• Solution

With the access rights "void saved items in open tickets" disabled, the employee will be required to enter the manager's PIN when you try to void an item of an Open ticket (which means that it was previously saved)

845322075_ManagerPINvoiditem.gif.6d73de9993b502f8c689c36a4bc2f44f.gif

And when you try to void the ticket

817325431_ManagerPINvoidopenticket.gif.559ccfd72183931096c0d824f4c64d86.gif

• 2 years later...

A more serious issue is the ability of the cashier to print bill of tickets. They can charge customer using this and as owner.. wont know a thing...

• 10 months later...
10 hours ago, Circa said:

Can I see a report or find transactions that were voided/cancelled?

Hello! 

Currently that is not possible. I will be happy to pass that to the development team! 

• 6 months later...

I really like this app. However, I am expending my business and I think I can't be able to use it any more because of this issue. I won't be able to be at the same restaurant or the store to keep my eyes on the cashier. I already found out my servers stole money from me by giving the customers the bills and deleted them right after. Yes, we have a pin for stopping them to do that. What happens when I am not there?. Giving them the pin number is pointless. Hopefully, Loyverse will reconsider this issue. 

• 3 months later...

“CLEAR TICKET” function in loyverse POS should have access restrictions.

We found out that we are losing money everyday because of this function because cashiers can stole money. Cashier should not have direct access to this function because it can be easily manipulated.

Here is the scenario:

Cashier take customers order, punch the order and then tell the customers the total amount of the order. Then once the customer paid the total amount cashier can easily click clear ticket.

Cashier take customers money without clicking the charge button.

This is very serious system loophole and need to be addressed ASAP. Please put restrictions in the “Clear Ticket” function it should be password protected meaning only authorized personnel can access “Clear Ticket” function.

If you didn’t act ASAP loyverse is not safe anymore, no cash control and not reliable anymore. Please make the necessary changes before you lose customers.

clearticket.jpeg

I already submitted a ticket about this issue last March 2022 but still didn't get any response from loyverse. This is a serious system loophole. 

On 11/11/2019 at 7:19 PM, Rodrigo Díaz said:

With the access rights "void saved items in open tickets" disabled, the employee will be required to enter the manager's PIN when you try to void an item of an Open ticket (which means that it was previously saved)

845322075_ManagerPINvoiditem.gif.6d73de9993b502f8c689c36a4bc2f44f.gif

And when you try to void the ticket

817325431_ManagerPINvoidopenticket.gif.559ccfd72183931096c0d824f4c64d86.gif

“CLEAR TICKET” function in loyverse POS should have access restrictions.

We found out that we are losing money everyday because of this function because cashiers can stole money. Cashier should not have direct access to this function because it can be easily manipulated.

Here is the scenario:

Cashier take customers order, punch the order and then tell the customers the total amount of the order. Then once the customer paid the total amount cashier can easily click clear ticket.

Cashier take customers money without clicking the charge button.

This is very serious system loophole and need to be addressed ASAP. Please put restrictions in the “Clear Ticket” function it should be password protected meaning only authorized personnel can access “Clear Ticket” function.

If you didn’t act ASAP loyverse is not safe anymore, no cash control and not reliable anymore. Please make the necessary changes before you lose customers.

• 4 weeks later...

Estimado equipo Loyverse, es muy necesario contar con un reporte de artículos y ticket eliminados, estar atento a las actualizaciones

Saludos

Edited by Recreo_Mi_Eden