How can I delete a customer from my customers base?

Alan Cobain

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi everyone,

I want to delete some customers which no longer visit my store but I am afraid that deleting the customer will also delete the sale history which belong to this customers. I just need the sale record not to be deleted. 

Has anyone tried to delete a customer from the customer base? 

Hi, 

If you delete a customer from the customer base it will not affect your sales record. 

The only difference you will notice is in the receipt section in your Back-office, in the receipts which belong to the the customer which was deleted you will see a sign which indicates that the customer does no longer exist in you customer base:

image.thumb.png.d2ffd6805313abee70ca160acce93999.png

• 4 weeks later...

In addition to that, you can also export your customer base to Excel, remove or add customers, then import it back into your Back Office.image.thumb.png.b23d35f8d3fd530f0206c64b13c29eed.png

• 10 months later...

Can we have a feature for make Customer inactive as if i delete that customer all the sales related to that customer also gets deleted

Hello, dear user

a) If you want to delete customer completely, then you need to mark customer in the customer base and press Delete button:image.thumb.png.db150bd73f9be62e25310d21d41ced71.png

b) If you do not want to delete customer completely, but want to change his points balance, then, please click on the customer name and then click on the MORE button. There you will see Edit points balance option. Choose this option and edit his points balance.

c) Or do you mean that you want to delete all the receipts related to this customer? If so, unfortunately, it is not possible to delete the receipts from the back office, but you can cancel them. When you cancel a receipt, it will not be accounted for in the reports, and all items will be returned to stock. Please, read the details about cancelling receipts, here: https://help.loyverse.com/help/how-cancel-receipts

No my Question is that i have a particular customer but i want to temporarily disable him till he clears my accounts but if i delete all the receipts will be showing deleted customer. But i dont want that to happen as after few days i shud be able to reactivate him