Do not print receipt for voided / refunded orders

thaifood

Is it possible to configure the printer so that it doesn't automatically print receipts when I void / refund orders?

Hello @thaifood

Unfortunately, as long as you use a kitchen printer, it will print out the voided orders.

May I know why you want to disable printing voided orders?

There are two scenarios for this, and to be fair both of them might be issues with how we use the POS.

So basically we would save orders for folks dining in while still printing out receipts for them so we know which table ordered which items. Then when it's time to pay for the bill, if they haven't added any additional items, we would just use the receipt that we had already printed. This sometimes leaves us with a bunch of saved orders at the end of the day which we then clear out by voiding them, and it prints a bunch of tickets.

The other scenario is when we make a mistake with an order that we already saved, to edit an existing ticket, we have to split the ticket, move the item, and then void the new ticket that only contains that one item. 

I feel like we basically never cares about voided tickets thus printing the receipt for it isnt so necessary. Perhaps we shouldn't be using void ticket so often?

Hello @thaifood

Excuse me, but I don't understand the 1st paragraph.

1. Do you print bills only and do not use receipts?
  2. Do you use kitchen order tickets or not?

For the 2nd paragraph, you can delete items from a ticket by swiping the item to the left.

image.thumb.png.50210daac14c773dd203171db3b63e51.png