Whole/retail sales bundle pack

at30
Go to solution Solved by Hanna,

I want all my products to share the same SKU, but they come in different packagings. For example, a carton of coke can be in 24s, 6s, or as a single unit, each with its own barcode. How can I set it up so that these three barcodes are under one parent-child SKU?

• Solution

Unfortunately, it is not possible to have a multiple SKU for the items. As a workaround, you can instead share the stock’s item under 1 SKU. 

However, in this case, you can use the composite item feature. With this feature, you can add the single item coke, and make it composite into 24pcs & 6pcs and all of the items will share on stocks from the individual item.

For example:

This is for the single coke. With this, you need to put the cost for each coke bottle and then activate the stocks -> enter the stocks of the bottles

image.png.5c68cbeaeff02819efd5460284183289.png

And then after saving this item, you can now create an item for the 24pcs and 6pcs.

For this, you need to create another item and activate the composite item option

image.png.097208d7177e6c3eff6b11e9437a290a.png

In the components, you need to search for the Coke item that you created earlier.

image.png.f351d4ca3348e5b2738a18d74195d2d3.png

As you can see from the screenshot, you need to enter the 24 in the quantity and also see that the total cost will also be calculated based on the €5 from the single item.

After saving this item, every time you make a sale for 24 pcs of coke, the 24 pcs will be deducted per piece item so if you have 100 in stock of individual bottles, you will have 76 in stock after selling 24pcs. of coke.

You can create the same steps for 6pcs and make different barcodes for each set.

Even though the separate items have different SKUs the stocks of the items will only deduct under 1 SKU which is the individual/component coke.

Let me know if you had hard time understanding or if it's clear 😊