Is there a report that shows payment type by category.

Bartonroad

I want to see the amounts for each category by payment type.  I can use the report that shows how amounts received by card or cash payment, but I have to go through every single receipt to find out which items were paid for by cash and which by card.  I need to see items or categories paid for by cash and the same for cards. 

When I see this report, it would be helpful to see how much of each category is paid by cash, and how much by card.  Can they be separated out?

Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 14.55.14.png

Edited by Bartonroad
Added an image
  • Like 1

Unfortunately, we currently do not have a report that shows the payment type by category. But I will be happy to forward this as feature suggestion to our development team!

• 1 month later...

Yes, please - if you can forward it as a feature suggestion.  Currently, I have to manually input onto a spreadsheet all categories by cash and card, so that I can reconcile it with my bank statements.  So for example, i need to know how many slices of cake were paid for by cash, and how many by card.  I can't seem to find a report that does this, other than going through every single receipt to see if it is by cash or card.

I would have thought this was quite a necessary report for many small businesses.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This would be a really helpful feature- please add if possible as it is difficult to report on otherwise.