Making changes to articles using import

Kassa Zuiver Geluk

I am looking for a way to make changes to hundreds of products that already exist in the store. More specific, I would like to update barcodes and prices.

Since these products already exist, importing would create copies, which is not what I would want.

Is there a way to make changes to existing articles using the import functionality?

Hello, Kassa!

You can export your item list in this case and rest assured that when you update your prices and barcodes it will not duplicate the items when you import them back to your Back Office. 

However, in the CSV file, only change the fields under the pricing and barcode so that when you import it back to the Back Office, the changes will only update and will not change any other information. 

Exporting and Importing Items

• 6 months later...
On 9/25/2023 at 9:25 AM, Hanna said:

Hello, Kassa!

You can export your item list in this case and rest assured that when you update your prices and barcodes it will not duplicate the items when you import them back to your Back Office. 

However, in the CSV file, only change the fields under the pricing and barcode so that when you import it back to the Back Office, the changes will only update and will not change any other information. 

Exporting and Importing Items

Barcodes can be bulk edited but please allow us to also bulk update SKUs if not both handles and SKUs. Currently neither one can be changed. A unique "Loyverse ID" should be created instead.

For example, Item #2 could be a Latte with SKU of ABC-123. Down the road I import a csv where Item #2 is instead Vanilla Latte with a SKU of AB-1-123. Currently this is not allowed by Loyverse and neither the handle nor SKU can be changed via bulk import. SKU can only be changed via back office which is VERY time consuming.