How can I pay part of an open ticket and leave the rest in the system?

LYNGVEIEN
Go to solution Solved by Yamil,

We use open tickets as a tab for residents ticking things up in our shop under their customer name.  Sometimes someone only wants to pay part of their bill/ticket this week and some next week.  I tried to split the payment to the portion they wanted to pay but it would not let me leave the screen without the remaining portion needing to be paid.  If I left the screen then it forgot the portion I paid and reset to total outstanding.  Please help.

• Solution

Hello Lyngveien

There is no exact feature that you mentioned in the actual Loyverse system but there is a workaround that might help your situation.

1. Create “To Pay Later” and “Deposit” amount discounts.

If you wish to specify the deposit value at the sale, leave the Value field empty on the Discount creation screen for both discounts.

2. Create an item called “Deposited Amount” with the price field empty to enter it at the sale.

Note: Since the “Deposited Amount” item will be used to compensate canceled receipts, remember to enable taxes if items you collect a deposit on are taxed, and create separate “Deposited Amount” items for different tax combinations that you use for items (like: Deposited Amount - VAT 8%, Deposited Amount - Service 10% + VAT 8%, Deposited Amount - Service 10%, and so on.)

3. When a customer makes a deposit, make a sale and apply the “To Pay Later” discount to the item paid on deposit.

4. When the customer comes to pick up the item and pay the remaining amount, cancel the receipt of the deposit sale made in step 3.

5. Create a new sale, add the item that the deposit was for using the “Deposit” discount, then add the “Deposited Amount” item and enter the previously deposited amount as the price.

Note: You can also include notes on the “Deposited Amount” Item to record when the deposit was made.

image.png.b987000e44f964ee4c22c7739499a140.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, thanks for going to the trouble of explaining this method.  I have set up a Discount Named Deposited Amount and have tried it out on my test Bill.

I printed the bill before I added the deposit (amount due $10.40, GST 15% $1.36) amount and then after the deposit amount of $3.00 (Deposited amount -300, amount due 7.40, GST 15% .97) and I am not sure if the sales tax has been removed because it was a discount applied.

Other than my confusion it seems to work well .... that's if all the GST is still calculated for all the items.

On 4/8/2023 at 1:35 AM, LYNGVEIEN said:

I am not sure if the sales tax has been removed because it was a discount applied.

Other than my confusion it seems to work well .... that's if all the GST is still calculated for all the items.

Hello

When you apply a discount to the receipt, it also decreases the amount of taxes applied.