Cam margin be calculated retrospectively?

Rocket
Go to solution Solved by Sam,

I am new to Loyverse and opened a coffee shop late Nov 2022.  When I opened, I was only able to put the costs for some of the items I sell as I didn't have time to put them all in when I first opened.  I am going back now and adding the costs for items I was not able to put into Loyverse when I opened.  It appears that the system only calculates margins for sales going forward, after you put the cost in.  Is that correct?  

In the screenshot attached, I have sold 524 cups of Americano coffee for a total of R12,937 in the time period shown.  Using my cost per cup of R9,51, my Total Cost should be 524 x R9,51 = R4,983 but all the report shows is a cost of R83,75 which appears to be the total cost for cups sold since I added the cost for this item earlier this morning.  The margin shows as 99% when it should be 65%.

Is there a way to get the system to apply the cost I am putting in now to prior sales of an item so I get an accurate report of margin?  Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Screen Shot 2023-01-27 at 10.25.10.png

• Solution

Yes, you are correct. If you were not able to add the cost of your items previously, the margin will only be updated for the sales going forward, starting when you have added the cost of your items. Unfortunately, it is not possible to edit the reports prior to the sales that you have made when you have not yet added the cost to your items.