Modifiers go to Wrong Printer Group

Vibes

I am trying to figure out a solution that does not require my kitchen to run to the other side of the restaurant to deliver the juice order to the cafe.

I would love to have a separate Printer Group option for each modifier.

Another example is a Espresso Martini cocktail. I would love for an order for an espresso to go to the cafe with "deliver to bar" instructions attached automatically.

Just Thoughts ... but I still would love a solution or idea to make this juice situation easier.

Thanks!

PXL_20221011_074559145.MP.jpg

Edited by Vibes

hi, you can use the same printer for all corners of your restaurant.

for example

you can  create categorys for cold drink. hot drink. sweets.. etc  ( save items to category }

and use the same printer for all..  *lets say abc is the name of printer... andthe only one yo have*

abc printer to print cold drink  category

abc prinetr to print hot drink category

abc printer to print sweets category

etc...

it will print 3 separate it for each section at restaurant... [ better to use with auto cut printers]

pic of my test with. 1 printer for all .. https://photos.app.goo.gl/TSSTwsTsq6z3C7y6A

10 hours ago, Adnan_Store said:

hi, you can use the same printer for all corners of your restaurant.

for example

you can  create categorys for cold drink. hot drink. sweets.. etc  ( save items to category }

and use the same printer for all..  *lets say abc is the name of printer... andthe only one yo have*

abc printer to print cold drink  category

abc prinetr to print hot drink category

abc printer to print sweets category

etc...

it will print 3 separate it for each section at restaurant... [ better to use with auto cut printers]

pic of my test with. 1 printer for all .. https://photos.app.goo.gl/TSSTwsTsq6z3C7y6A

Perhaps I was not clear about the issue....

There is a single item with Breakfast and the Juice as a modifier. It  is a SINGLE category ... Breakfast. It prints on a single printer ... KITCHEN. When the kitchen gets this ... they have to text, run to, walkie-talkie ... get a message to the cafe to make an Small OJ for this breakfast set.

I could print this entire ticket in the cafe and the kitchen ... but then I would have OJ orders in the kitchen and Egg orders in the cafe. These places are 50m or more apart ... AND Orange Juice is not always ordered as part of the set ... so when it is not ordered ... the CAFE printer just prints out wasted paper and something that is at best operationally confusing. It is important to note that the BAR printer is needed here too ... a bloody mary is potentially part of this breakfast set. 

Remember ... a POS is supposed to help reduce operational complexity ... not add to it. As soon as the "features" of your software require you to get up and run across the building to deliver something to another team ... your software is failing to .. "reduce operational complexity."

On 10/11/2022 at 3:51 PM, Vibes said:

I am trying to figure out a solution that does not require my kitchen to run to the other side of the restaurant to deliver the juice order to the cafe.

I would love to have a separate Printer Group option for each modifier.

Another example is a Espresso Martini cocktail. I would love for an order for an espresso to go to the cafe with "deliver to bar" instructions attached automatically.

Just Thoughts ... but I still would love a solution or idea to make this juice situation easier.

Thanks!

PXL_20221011_074559145.MP.jpg

Hello!

Based on your situation, it seems that the recommended way in going about this is by checking out our guide of assigning or setting up multiple kitchen printers for each Kitchen Stations i.e. Kitchen, Cafe, etc. Here is the guide in doing so: https://help.loyverse.com/help/set-kitchen-printer-each

Then another thing is that, I suggest to make the juices as separate items instead of modifiers, this way, it's way easier to manage items when being ordered most especially when segregating them to different kitchens, etc.

5 hours ago, Shinji said:

Hello!

Based on your situation, it seems that the recommended way in going about this is by checking out our guide of assigning or setting up multiple kitchen printers for each Kitchen Stations i.e. Kitchen, Cafe, etc. Here is the guide in doing so: https://help.loyverse.com/help/set-kitchen-printer-each

Then another thing is that, I suggest to make the juices as separate items instead of modifiers, this way, it's way easier to manage items when being ordered most especially when segregating them to different kitchens, etc.

I am very familiar with the use of Kitchen Printers in Loyverse. If you have a specific suggestion about using them differently ... I am very open to listening to it. Right now, I do not see a way to print that will allow a single item with a modifier to be printed on multiple printers without simply printing the entire item and all modifiers on multiple printers. I am looking forward to an alternative solution that will allow me to use Loyverse without a crazy manual process driven by my employees involved (running from one end of the building to another), or creating operational chaos (printing every set item everywhere). 

Separation is not an option for very logical reasons. I run a very large operation. If I create buttons on my menu that lose me money ... I deserve everything that happens. I am curious as to your solution here ... how would you suggest I create an item for juice that is a lower price than the juice is normally. It can only be used with the Breakfast Special. It should not be able to be ordered unless the Breakfast Special is chosen because without sharing the margin of the Breakfast Special ... I lose money on the juice. I am very excited to hear your idea for this ... my limited experience with Loyverse has lead me to the Modifier option. Remember, it should not be able to be chosen unless the Breakfast Special is sold because we will lose money on it. Thanks!

What I can suggest is that you could create a category where you can place these juices that have lower price than normal onto it for assignment purposes and easier accessibility, perhaps you could call it "Breakfast Special - Small Juices". Then you can create the items of small juices and assign their categories onto the mentioned category. In this way, it should help you to be able to help you with your original question about wanting to send the order of small juice to a cafe, etc. and this should not lose you money because the small juices sales is being recorded so you should be able to see the sales generated with it through the reports. 

The drawback would be for this though if you are being particular is that if you care that this is being selectable as a separate item by the employee, then this would be the case. What I can only recommend is that to help the employee remind that they shall or should never open this Category unless the customer ordered a Breakfast special otherwise. 

On 10/17/2022 at 4:49 AM, Shinji said:

What I can suggest is that you could create a category where you can place these juices that have lower price than normal onto it for assignment purposes and easier accessibility, perhaps you could call it "Breakfast Special - Small Juices". Then you can create the items of small juices and assign their categories onto the mentioned category. In this way, it should help you to be able to help you with your original question about wanting to send the order of small juice to a cafe, etc. and this should not lose you money because the small juices sales is being recorded so you should be able to see the sales generated with it through the reports. 

The drawback would be for this though if you are being particular is that if you care that this is being selectable as a separate item by the employee, then this would be the case. What I can only recommend is that to help the employee remind that they shall or should never open this Category unless the customer ordered a Breakfast special otherwise. 

Thank you for your suggestion, but this is perfect example of operational complexity created by trying to force this system to do something it was not designed to do and then offloading the validation on employees. Making things less complex for employees is exactly why I got a POS system 😉

Right now, the product is not designed well to work in restaurants where someone is not watching everything all the time. I am trying to open dozens of these places over the next several years ... creating buttons in the POS that lose me money is not a good business strategy.

Hopefully Loyverse will get more restaurant friendly over time. Glad to provide additional information and feedback if needed.

On 10/14/2022 at 6:31 PM, Adnan_Store said:

Ammm you may to type a comment to tge item.. 

Comment is kind of modifier.. 

Try it.. 

I understand the use of comments ... we use them. This does not solve the problem of the information going to the wrong printer. Also, most of my staff uses English as a 3rd, 4th, or 5th language and many do not read or write English. BIG BUTTONS, clear options, well defined processes are the only way to keep chaos from ensuing in a large restaurants and bars. When you have 200 people placing orders at the same time ... and your staff is running from one side of the restaurant to another to give a drink order to the cafe because it printed as a modifier on on a Breakfast Special ... you are just lighting money on fire and asking for mistakes to be made. Confusion, multiple trips, language mistakes, frustrated customers ... chaos.

• 8 months later...

The Solution for this is quite simple really and it is already on Loyoverse in part.
On  modifiers instead of using a simple txt field  if the development team allows to use the same approach as composite items it will solve this issue. Using Items skus as part of the modifiers.

20 hours ago, Somel said:

The Solution for this is quite simple really and it is already on Loyoverse in part.
On  modifiers instead of using a simple txt field  if the development team allows to use the same approach as composite items it will solve this issue. Using Items skus as part of the modifiers.

The key here being "the development team allows" ... notice I posted this 8 months ago. There is appears to be very little actual development work being done on this product. We have opened two more restaurants, a bar, and a cannabis shop since this post and have chosen not to go down the Loyverse rabbit hole with them.

Edited by Vibes