Depository system => negative article amount

Robin_sigi

Hello together

I need your help. We will soon be working on a party where a deposit of 2.00 must be paid on each item sold. To record the deposit is not the problem, that I solve either with a separate article or simply by increasing the prices by 2.

The problem is, when someone returns the plate, I have to give him back this 2.00 or deduct it from his new order. 

Unfortunately I can't manage to enter an item with a negative amount. Why not? Do you guys have a solution for this? It could be that he either just wants the money back or also places a new order and the deposit needs to be deducted from it.

Thanks for your help

Hello!

Based on your explanation, a suggestion that you could use the refund feature of Loyverse to be able to give back the deposit of 2.00 to your customers once they returns the plate. You could create a policy in your business where they would need to present the receipt they got from you so that you can use it as your reference in looking for the receipt to refund in the POS App. This is also possible since you have planned on making this deposit of 2.00 as a separate article. 

Thank you for your reply.

There is no other solution with an item that simply has a minus amount? 

The receipt and the refund is too much work for a large village festival. It should be possible with a simple click. 

It's pity that you can't just enter an item with a minus amount, that would be the easiest...

I would be glad to send this as a feature suggestion to our dev team.  Even though we cannot implement it right now, if we get similar suggestions from other users, we can consider implementing it in the future.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Been asking for this since we started using Loyverse.

We have to take a deposit of £2 for each pint of beer we sell to cover the cost of the reusable pint pot (for a football match).

We then refund the £2 when the pint pot is returned. Not very managable when you have a crowd of over 500 and 50% of them bring back their pint pot at the end of the game. Even if they have managed to keep their receipt, thats a lot of receipts to search for and refund, all on one terminal.