Can I apply a different unit price for an item?

Adnan
Go to solution Solved by Nile,

Unit prices for products are volatile but not to the extend that you have to think of changing prices always. But if that is the case, you can change your unit prices to cover your overheads and earn you some marginal profits. And I would advice that you leave out the unit prices for your products to allow for bargains. That will help you to charge higher prices and maintain a reasonable profit margin.

You cannot apply a different unit price for an item in Loyverse POS now. It does not have invoices in inventory. However, we are planning to develop more advanced inventory options in Loyverse. It may be possible in the future.

You can leave price field blank when creating an item. In this way item will have variable price and you will be prompted to enter price for an item during a sale.

• 1 month later...
I created a duplicate item with a SP special price which my staff could handle. I also added * to the beginning of items often used to make finding it in front and easier. Then I use a discount such as Loyalty Disc to add flexibility. The problem is that the system does not monitor/show these discounts in the downloaded file or track it to the customers and special points are not possible.

• 1 year later...

Hi, Teddy. 

The program doesn't have such functionality that the price of the products depended on the client.

But you can leave the price field in the product card blank. Thus, during the sale, you can set any price, depending on which client.

image.thumb.png.a3b225f98b4fe720781983bc1a95958f.png

Also you can write the highest price and, depending on the client, make a discount.

The Variant feature should be useful as well, although it is not meant for this but you can set two different prices for one item. This can help prevent your employees from entering the wrong price.

image.png.dd1303dfcddf49ad072cdd957f4bbaed.png

Read more about How to use Variants here - > https://help.loyverse.com/help/how-use-variants-items

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello 

I m selling to different groups ... retail ... distributors ....

I need 4 different prices for each article .. is it possible ?

For the moment I created 4 categories .. and all the articles in one of them ... but with this method the stock management is not correct

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Different sale price option needs to happen i know i can use item variant option but that doesn’t help with the stock tracking and i know i can leave price field blank to set any price but what i want is to set two different price option in an item one for standard price the other for customize price when needed

• Like 1

Hello!

As a suggestion, you can utilize the Composite item feature. Composite item allows for users to create items that has components and so when you make a sale out of this composite item, it'll take stock from the component it has. 

So for example, you can create 2 items. 1 item is the regular price item and the other item can be the composite item which has the different price of the item and has the regular price item as its component. Then you'll have 2 of these items and they will share the same stock as well. For more information, you can also check out the guide about how to use composite item feature: https://help.loyverse.com/help/how-create-composite-item

• 9 months later...

Hi, can anyone advise the best way to go about this.

We have 2 POS systems in our bar, they are in different rooms.

We have 1 in the public bar and 1 in the private bar, Every item in the private bar costs £0.10p more.

Now i know I could set this up on 2 different accounts, and set up the prices different, but both rooms are staffed by the same cashiers, so in quiet times, 1 cashier will cover 2 bars, if it's busy, we would have 6 cashiers working. so setting up 2 separate accounts would mean we have to pay 2 separate lots of subscriptions.

we would also expect to make 1000 transactions  per hour in busy times, so the fewer button presses per transaction the better, so what would be the best way to set the prices different on each POS terminal, without having to set them up as 2 independent systems 

Hello!

What I can suggest in regards to this is that you can be able to to add the bars as stores in your account. This way, you can be able to add different prices on the items in each stores or bars in your case and making it easier for you to manage it under one single account. For more information on how this feature exactly works, you can check out this guide provided: https://help.loyverse.com/help/how-create-and-manage-multiple

• Like 1