Adnan

Can I apply a different unit price for an item?

Question

Adnan
Can I apply a different unit price for an item? If the price changes frequently can I just manually insert it per each invoice?

5 answers to this question

Daniel Imeli

Unit prices for products are volatile but not to the extend that you have to think of changing prices always. But if that is the case, you can change your unit prices to cover your overheads and earn you some marginal profits. And I would advice that you leave out the unit prices for your products to allow for bargains. That will help you to charge higher prices and maintain a reasonable profit margin.

Andy
You cannot apply a different unit price for an item in Loyverse POS now. It does not have invoices in inventory. However, we are planning to develop more advanced inventory options in Loyverse. It may be possible in the future.

Alex
You can leave price field blank when creating an item. In this way item will have variable price and you will be prompted to enter price for an item during a sale.

GoodThyme
I created a duplicate item with a SP special price which my staff could handle. I also added * to the beginning of items often used to make finding it in front and easier. Then I use a discount such as Loyalty Disc to add flexibility. The problem is that the system does not monitor/show these discounts in the downloaded file or track it to the customers and special points are not possible.