Stock adjustments of Composite Items

FARINA
Go to solution Solved by Christine,

Hi there,

I run a pizza shop and sell f.e. Pizza Margherita

At the end of the day my Pizzaiolo burnt 2 Martheritas. I would like to do a stock adjustment, category Loss/Damage so everything is fine.

The only problem is, that my Pizza Margherita does not appear in the stock adjustment page since it is a composite item. How can I solve this issue?

Maybe selling it with a 100% Discount would be an ugly option?

Thanks!

Marvin

Edited by FARINA

On 9/10/2021 at 7:56 PM, FARINA said:

The only problem is, that my Pizza Margherita does not appear in the stock adjustment page since it is a composite item. How can I solve this issue?

I could of course switch on the "track Stock" option. Then the pizza appears in the menu of Stock adjustments and i can make a stock adjustment. But in the end I need a stock adjustments of the ingredients of the pizza, not of the pizza itself.

Thanks!

• Solution

hello!

The great option from Loyverse is Production for Composite items. If you "produce" 2 pizza you will have  a stock for it and at ingredients will be decreased as well since it is already cooked. So at the end of day you can adjust unsold pizza. 

Have a nice day!

Hi Christine, Thank you for your answer

Of course I am aware of the stock functionality as you see above: But a pizza with is created upon request and sold in a minute -> therefor not stock. Or in other words: To create production for each Item I sell only to be able to make stock adjustments is a pretty bad work around.

I do not see that loyverse can handle this different than with a sale of 100% discount, unless I would like to spend 15 minutes playing around with the stock every day...

The technical solution would be that you can create a production/stock for composite items and it tracks/adjust stock. (that happens today already)
However if I do not want to create production I should still be able to lower the amount of ingredients of an item on the highest level. That means to say 1 pizza is burnt, and then it lowers the amount of flour, chees etc. Today I have to do that manually on the lowest level. 

So my question is: How do other restaurants deal with damage/loss of unique instantly produced items which are never in stock?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2021 at 10:04 AM, FARINA said:

I could of course switch on the "track Stock" option. Then the pizza appears in the menu of Stock adjustments and i can make a stock adjustment. But in the end I need a stock adjustments of the ingredients of the pizza, not of the pizza itself.

Thanks!

If it’s a composite item and you have set the measures of each ingredient for the item then if you put it down to Ullage with 100% discount it would take the measured items from your stock levels. You can then go in to discounts and select discounts, set the period day/week/month/year and it will give you a ullage figure at resale price. This info would be enough for your accountants as you have a profit margin in your item list for each item so can work out the actual loss at cost price! We use it in a bar but I can’t see if it would make any difference to what ever you sell as long as the measurements of each ingredient is calculated then linked with composite option.

• Thanks 1

Hi Peb94, 

Thank you for this great answer. I did not know that I can have these stats for the accountant. This basically makes the work around work!

• Like 1