Item cost carrying on to Composite Item

GeorgeMartin

I am making cocktails. For instance, I have a bottle of Jack Daniels that costs 20EUR. I use 60ml in one of my drinks. However the size of the bottle of Jack is 700ml. 
The cost of the item of Jack does not take into account the size of the bottle. So when making the composite item I cannot say 60ml, Instead I have to say 60/700 or 0.0857152. This is just an annoying calculation I have to do for every single cocktail.

Am I missing an option where I can enter the initial ingredient bottle (Jack Daniels) to be priced per ml, rather than per bottle. Which would save me time calculating new measures for each different bottle size I have? 

Hello there! Unfortunately, since Loyverse does not have any way to recognize any unit of measurement in the system. You'll have to manually think up of the calculation for the bottles and its cost to know what should be the correct one. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hello GeorgeMartin, maybe you can turn it around. By translating the price of the bottle into 1000ml (e.g. 28.57 euros) and then taking the amount 0.060, the correct price per 60ml will automatically appear.
You will also have to take this into account in stock management. But that is less complicated.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By tomgreef
      My situation is the following: I want to sell Whiskey, but I could sell it with the following options: Coca Cola, Coca Cola Zero, Water and On the rocks (for example). I know I can make variants of an item, but how would it be possible for me to keep track of stock if I'm creating a new stock for each variant. 
      So basically, If i order a Whiskey Cola, then stock should be removed from Whiskey and from Coca Cola (Which is a separate item, but we use it as an addition / variant to the Whiskey).

Could anyone help to find a logical solution to this? Or would I simply have to substract (each day) all the mixes variants to the original items?

Thanks,
      Tom.
    • By FARINA
      I run a small Pizza shop.

Every day I make new dough. The dough is a composite item, but since I make it every day, I do not want to make a "Production" because thats unnecessary admin.
      The pizza consists of single items (cheese, tomato sauce, etc.) and the dough, a composite item.
      When I sell a Pizza, it only tracks the stock of the single items (chees, tomato sauce etc.) not of the ingredients of the dough (flour, salt, yeast).
      The tutorial says, that when a composite Item is sold, it tracks stock. In my case I sell this composite Item, through the Item pizza (so we have a hyrarchie).
      How can I create composite Items, have a Master/slave relation and track the stock of the item on the lowest level?
      Thanks!

• By New
      Different sale price option needs to happen i know i can use item variant option but that doesn’t help with the stock tracking and i know i can leave price field blank to set any price but what i want is to set two different price option in an item one for standard price the other for customize price when needed
    • By Coffeecasa
      Hi,
      I have been reading and trying quite a bit about this issue but I cannot solve the problem.

I am running a coffee take away with loyverse. so far everything is perfect, but when it comes to stock management, I have a big problem:
      example

We are selling a café latte
      the options are small, medium and large (different cups should be booked in the system)
      Type of milk (stock should be taken off the milk the customer chooses, for example 0,3L of oat milk in a medium latte)
      Topping such as syrup, adding 0,50€ to the bill and also tracking stock of this ingredient(for example: 0,015L of syrup)
      There should be a "no cup" option, for my staff or customers that bring their cup, it also needs to be reflected in stock that there was no cup used)

Those are just a couple of the options, but I think they all have the same problem

If I activate composite article, I cannot add variants. If I add variants, I cannot control the stock with those.

It would be awesome if anybody has a solution for this. Thanks :)
    • By LouDfresh
      I am testing loyverse to see if it is suitable for my business.
      I want it to remember lots of different meal deals so my staff don't have to.  I want staff to key in items and let the software work out if there is a meal deal or not.  Is this possible?

Loyverse Point of Sale