Item cost carrying on to Composite Item

GeorgeMartin

I am making cocktails. For instance, I have a bottle of Jack Daniels that costs 20EUR. I use 60ml in one of my drinks. However the size of the bottle of Jack is 700ml. 
The cost of the item of Jack does not take into account the size of the bottle. So when making the composite item I cannot say 60ml, Instead I have to say 60/700 or 0.0857152. This is just an annoying calculation I have to do for every single cocktail.

Am I missing an option where I can enter the initial ingredient bottle (Jack Daniels) to be priced per ml, rather than per bottle. Which would save me time calculating new measures for each different bottle size I have? 

Hello there! Unfortunately, since Loyverse does not have any way to recognize any unit of measurement in the system. You'll have to manually think up of the calculation for the bottles and its cost to know what should be the correct one. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hello GeorgeMartin, maybe you can turn it around. By translating the price of the bottle into 1000ml (e.g. 28.57 euros) and then taking the amount 0.060, the correct price per 60ml will automatically appear.
You will also have to take this into account in stock management. But that is less complicated.

• 1 year later...

If you have a bottle of Jack sized 700ml and from that make a cocktail item then use the composite item in the cocktail option you can use your formula once along with other ingredients! Once you have all your ingredients you have a set price for the named cocktail so no need to put you formula in each time, this goes for each individual cocktail you make/advertise. Another option would be not to use measurements such as ml but to use units, if you use 20ml as one unit then on 700ml bottle it would be 35 units, 1ltr would be 50 units so wouldn’t matter what size bottle you use. You could then put 3.0 in quantity in composite item giving you the 60ml measure and the unit price, do the same for other ingredients and you have a full costing per drink! On a 20 euro bottle each unit would be 0.571 euro, if the price changes then the unit costs will change so you can monitor your Margins on each drink!

Hope I’m on the same wavelength as you if not ignore everything I said 😆