iOS 14.2 Can't Search XP-58IIH (Other model option is for Ethernet only)

Mamba
Go to solution Solved by Andy,

So i just bought my Xprinter XP-58IIH recently. Although i read some topics here that Loyvese is not supporting this printer however this works perfectly with some of the videos that i watched. 

Whenever I am choosing Other Model in the Printer model option it always includes (Ethernet) and i don't have any other option to choose like USB or Bluetooth. I am using iPhone 11 Pro Max with iOS 14.2.

Meanwhile with my husbands mobile which is an Android phone if we choose Other Model in the printer, the interface has the option for Ethernet, Bluetooth & USB. 

So, i am thinking that this isn't the issue between the Xprinter that i have and loyverse, but its loyverse and iOS devices. 

*Note: I tried using the same iphone and xprinter with Xlabel the bluetooth device is connecting and is working properly. I hope this issue with ios user will be fix soon.

Hope you could help me in this problem. I attached some photos for your reference as well. 

IMG_4119.jpg

IMG_4118.PNG

• Solution

Hello. 
It is possible to add an other model of the printer to iOS only in case of models with Ethernet devices. 
This situation is based on iOS requirements of connecting USB and Bluetooth devices. 

Thanks for this. If this situation is based on iOS requirements, why i can search the printer and print using XLabel? 

if this something to do with ios, using and Ipad will not work as well? 

By the way what do you mean by saying "This situation is based on iOS requirements of connecting USB and Bluetooth devices"? 

iOS requires loyverse to connect via ethernet only to print using other model option? While xp-58iih works perfectly fine with other pos apps? 

IMG_4122.jpg

Edited by Mamba
photo as proof

• 1 year later...

Hello Mamba!

I have the same problem like yours. Have you found any solution? I've just started researching. It was my bad, I didn't check the compatible printers available in loyverse app. Thank you so much.

• 1 month later...

+1 on this

On Android devices, there is an option Other model and then you can select bluetooth

But for iOS, there is none of these option

Is this something can developers looks into and put that option (bluetooth) for iOS App?

• 1 month later...

Mine also just bought “Geomaster RP58 bt” now can’t connect to bluetooth using ios.. developer need to do something.. or anyone can help me if any other way?

• 3 months later...

This is an answer I saw before on the forum and explains it pretty well.

"For Bluetooth and USB interfaces, only models from recommended printers list with work with Loyverse POS on iOS.

For iOS devices, it is possible to try as other models only Ethernet printers, which fulfill requirements of supporting ESC/POS protocol.

Why?
Because only MFi certified devices are possible to connect with iOS devices via Bluetooth and USB interfaces.

Apple’s MFi Program (“Made for iPhone/iPod/iPad”) is a licensing program for developers of hardware and software peripherals that work with Apple’s iPod, iPad, iPad mini, and iPhone.

But even for MFi certified receipt printers, our Loyverse development team needs to have them and to integrate their work with Loyverse."

Link to where I found this answer: 

• Like 1