App for loyalty scheme barcode instead of physical card?

caz365

Hi all,

Does anyone know of an app (iphone and android), that customers can download to hold their loyalty scheme barcode which will enable it to be scanned and recognised using iPad camera? My customer feedback is that they don't want another card to keep track of and would much rather use their phone.

Thanks.

Hello
We have no information about the Apps which can allows your customers download and hold their loyalty scheme barcode. But we can recommend you to send to your customers the barcodes or QR codes, that they can show from their smapthpones during the purchase instead of the loyalty card.

How to Add the Customer to the Receipt by Scanning a Barcode
https://help.loyverse.com/help/scanning-customer-barcode

For my store, we put the customer' phone number as the barcode. So, when the customer wants to pay, we ask if they have a membership,then put in their phone number as they say it.then it will filter out until it shows only 1 name.It's a hassle,but it works for us.

• 2 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Kapo
      By Kapo
      I am setting up a loyalty card system where every plastic card printed has a unique customer barcode on it.
      To hack this functionality into the current Loyverse system, we are putting the customer's unique loyalty card barcode number after their name  (eg -  John Smith  476387358854) . When the customer sign ups, we enter their name and then immediately scan the card that we are giving to them so the barcode number appears behind their name.
      We can then quickly add the customer to future orders by scanning their loyalty card barcode into the customer search field. 
      I have tested the above and it works, but it's a bit of a dodgy workaround. It would be very nice to have a dedicated field for this so you can search for your customers by name, phone number, or their barcode number and keep these details as separate fields.
      Is there any chance you could add a new searchable field to the customer database for storing a unique customer number (eg for a loyalty card barcode) ? 
      I am sure many other uses would appreciate and make use of this feature too as it's a pretty common loyalty method.
      The name + number workaround works in the meanwhile if anyone else wants to implement it right now 😉
      Cheers,
      Kapo.

Loyverse Point of Sale