Modifiers - idea for improvement

Service
Go to solution Solved by Amirah,

Good morning,

first of all I must tell you that I use the modifier and it works good. As example I will tell you the following:

Product                                price 12 oz                             price 16 oz                             price 22 oz

Milk tea any kind                    47 PHP                                  57 PHP                                    67 PHP

costs                                       costs                                          costs

25 PHP                                     30 PHP                                      37 PHP

The prolem is that I can put the higher price in the modifier + 10 PHP or +20 PHP but the higher costs per unit I cannot add. It is allways 25 PHP, so the margin is not correct.

I think that the effort of this change could not be very high.

Regards

Hanno

• Solution

Yes, with modifiers it is not possible to track the cost 

I would recommend using variants instead as it has the option to add cost and even track the stock 

image.thumb.png.62e4455c84a02d96f39ca04b7b181f6c.png

• 1 month later...
On 6/15/2020 at 5:54 PM, Amirah said:

Thats a good point, unfortnately, it is not always possible as you can only add one variant per item (my customer wants a salad with extra Parmesan, Chicken and tomatoes, if I use the variant I can only add one).

Being able to cost the variants would be great...

Yes, with modifiers it is not possible to track the cost 

I would recommend using variants instead as it has the option to add cost and even track the stock 

image.thumb.png.62e4455c84a02d96f39ca04b7b181f6c.png

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

hi,

I am also just looking for the same thing. In my take away café I have a modifyer "oat milk" and since hte oat milk is twice the price of regular milk, I can not see any solution at the moment to have the margin adjusted to the modifier. Let´s say my standard alculation is with milk, but if I add oat milk, it should also add like 0,20€ more to my cost of good. this would be very very good to have!

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same question and i am glad to see that I’m not the only one.

We sell Crêpes and have for example banana, cherries and chocolate sauce. Modifiers are great for this purpose because you can choose chocolate only, chocolate and Banana or for example chocolate and cherries without having a very complicated and over loaded article view with too many options. The big disadvantage is, that one can not set individual costs for the modifiers.

It would be great if this function could be integrated in loyverse POS.

• 1 year later...

Hello!  In my studio, I need to take into account not only discounts, but also an extra charge when ordering.  So with an urgent order, I need to increase the price as a percentage.  A modifier with such a function would be a great help.  it happens that part of the order must be completed within the usual time frame, the other part requires urgent execution.  Installing a modifier with a fixed price is not convenient, as orders come in different prices.

• 2 months later...

I own and Restaurant and modifiers works great to add item to a Menu item. ie Adding extra toast to "Classic Breakfast". Two problems and which if not developed I will have to leave Loyverse.

1. Modifiers stock is not tracked 

2. Modifiers cost is not supported 

Modifiers is a great tool and the system is amazing - but without functionality of the above, the Loyverse system is only half operational. 

PLEASE ADJUST ASAP.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/31/2022 at 5:12 PM, Knad said:

I own and Restaurant and modifiers works great to add item to a Menu item. ie Adding extra toast to "Classic Breakfast". Two problems and which if not developed I will have to leave Loyverse.

1. Modifiers stock is not tracked 

2. Modifiers cost is not supported 

Modifiers is a great tool and the system is amazing - but without functionality of the above, the Loyverse system is only half operational. 

PLEASE ADJUST ASAP.

I think both of these options would be great ... but please make them options. I do not want to have to track stock for my modifier called

French Fries (Extras) ... Ketchup, Mustard, Mayo, etc.

I would like to also suggest that you allow us to make a Modifier single OR multiple choice.

This would solve the problem of what kind of bread do you want with your meal? Your choice of Sourdough or Wheat Roll is included in the price, but both are not included for the same price. I could make them both the same price and then if you select both it is right, but then people think they can pay less without bread. LOL

Thanks!

• Like 1