If I make a sale and use the Open ticket function and then I charge and print out the receipt the printer prints a lot of nonsense

Service
Go to solution Solved by Andy,

I am using this model of printer. If I make a sale and charge it directly and print out the receipt immediately, the printout is fine.

If I make a sale and use the Open ticket function and then I charge and print out the receipt the printer prints a lot of nonsens at the beginning and does not stop to print the nonsens. I have to turn the printer off.

Can you help me.

Regards Hanno

Nonsens.jpg

Hello Andy, I understand but the Xprinter family is the most used printer in shops in Asia. This kind of printer costs around € 25-30 depending on the model. USB, Bluetooth or Wifi. Thats the reason why it is the most used. if it is broken you throw it away and buy a new one.

i hope you can afford to buy one for testing.

Regards

Hanno

• Solution

Hello. From the receipt photos that you have sent before, I can guess that this printer cannot digest the information received from the POS device. You can try to set this printer in a Text mode instead of Graphic in the Advanced settings.

image.thumb.png.4c3277e0383b466d3ec17750e3e916f8.png

It is one of the problems of budget printers: they cannot perform properly. In many cases, cost savings are made at the expense of quality.

Please, read my article: 

• Fire 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, The best possible solution I have found the XPrinter XP-58IIL in Graphics mode is:

# Make sure the right Paper Width is selected in Settings > Receipt > Advanced

# Make sure to switch OFF/ON Thermal Printer per usage. This will cleanboot your printer and make it much, much, much more reliable.

The only set backs are that you cannot permanently run it, and every Receipt you must Switch ON > Print > Feed (Optional) > OFF Switch > Tear paper receipt

Regards, 

Gary

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/6/2020 at 11:02 PM, LarbSakon said:

Hi, The best possible solution I have found the XPrinter XP-58IIL in Graphics mode is:

# Make sure the right Paper Width is selected in Settings > Receipt > Advanced

# Make sure to switch OFF/ON Thermal Printer per usage. This will cleanboot your printer and make it much, much, much more reliable.

The only set backs are that you cannot permanently run it, and every Receipt you must Switch ON > Print > Feed (Optional) > OFF Switch > Tear paper receipt

Regards, 

Gary

Hi. This is kinda unrelated, but which model should I choose from supported printer list to make Xp-58iih works with Loyverse?