How can I use composite items/variants for a cafe?

TheCoffeeStation

Hiya,

I own a little coffee trailer and have done most of the back-end work however I am struggling with a few composite items/variants and wondered if anyone can assist me? 

Thanks

Brendan

Hi Amirah,

Thank you for your response. I have a few questions as I have viewed those links when setting up the composite items.

1. Does the stock count need to be done prior to adding a composite item? Track stock enabled?

2. I sell a range of fruit frappes and need guidance on this - is this deemed a variant given it also uses composite items like cups etc?

3. As the admin user, can I hide items from the POS on my phone as I can see the range of coffee for sale but don't want the cup variants etc to be seen in the POS? Would I have to add another user for this?

Regards

Brendan

On 4/2/2020 at 4:15 PM, TheCoffeeStation said:

Hi Amirah,

Thank you for your response. I have a few questions as I have viewed those links when setting up the composite items.

1. Does the stock count need to be done prior to adding a composite item? Track stock enabled?

2. I sell a range of fruit frappes and need guidance on this - is this deemed a variant given it also uses composite items like cups etc?

3. As the admin user, can I hide items from the POS on my phone as I can see the range of coffee for sale but don't want the cup variants etc to be seen in the POS? Would I have to add another user for this?

Regards

Brendan

1. If you would like the item's stock to be depleted then you must turn on the track stock for the ingredients before starting selling the composite item, When you start selling the composite item, the stock of its ingredients will be reduced accordingly.

2. Variants cannot have composite items, they are only options that you choose to sell with your items (their stock can be tracked, have their own barcodes and their own cost)

3. All employees who have access to the POS will be able to see the items on the sales screen with their variants, it is not possible to hide this. However, with employee management it is possible to hide the items list on the POS for example so employees will not be able to modify items

https://help.loyverse.com/help/how-manage-access-rights-employees