Items (ingredients) for Composite Item doesnt show

Phyllis
Go to solution Solved by Ethan,

Hi there, I've loaded composite items as per your instructional video but when I create my product and try and select the various items, it doesn't appear to be available

• Like 1

Hi there,  I've made sure that all items show "for sale in store" but the composite items I can select from only shows SKU00001 to 8 available for selection.

• 1 year later...

Hi folks

I too am having a similar issue (as earlier reported by others). Please help. 

All the ingredients/ITEMS are not showing up when I try to make a dish/COMPOSITE-ITEM. What am I doing wrong? I think I have covered all basics, watched the tutorials, etc 😞

Mark

Hello, Marks

Do you mean you can't see some items in this list?
If so, please start to enter the item's name which you are looking for in the search field.

image.png.6a09899a6c0dc84dd715c9616c74e097.png
---------------
image.png.0ddadbd2ad6ef28731facc137d36cee2.png

• 4 weeks later...

Why certain item does not display on composite item when i +ADD ITEM.

Example

I create Item A, Item B, Item C as (Raw Material)

Item E (for Production) = Contain Composite of Item A+B

Item D (for sale) = Contain Composite of Item E + Item C

My issue is, Item E does not appear on composite item when i want to select it while creating Item D..

What happen? Thank You

Edited by Awadz

Hi Awadz!

In Loyverse system only three levels of included items. 

For example:

1 level is Item A

2 level is a Composite item B with a component item A

3 level is a Composite item C with a component composite item B 

The next level is not possible to create at the moment. 

I hope this explanation is clear for you. If you didn't pass this level than Item E must show up in creating of item D. Try to search by SKU. 

For me is not clear in your question if you create a Composite item  E (production) with a components A + B, or you create composite item (A+B) and add this new composite item in production of E. 

• 3 months later...

Hi. I have a menu item name "Special Family Dinner" which includes multiple composite items. The kitchen printer only prints out the line "Special Family Dinner" but does not list all the included composite item. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Binh.

• Solution

Hello,

The components of a composite item will not be shown in the kitchen order, only the name of the composite item will be printed (Special Family Dinner)

My suggestion is to create a Category: "Special Family Dinner" and assign all these composite items you want to be printed under this category.

Then, you have to assign this category to the printer group to which the kitchen printer is assigned to.

You can read how to configure kitchen printers here: https://help.loyverse.com/help/using-kitchen-printers

Note that, when you take the order, you will have to manually choose all the items that are part of “Special Family Dinner” category to add to the ticket.

Another option would be to add the name of the components of the item: "Special Family Dinner" as comment to this item manually during the sale when you add it to the ticket. Comments you add to an item will be shown in the Kitchen order. 

• 7 months later...

Hi All

I am trying to make a recipe / nested item, but in the main item, the sauce I have created won't display. It is only 1 level of nested item...

• 11 months later...

I am having this same issue. I have an item with composite items in it and should be printed to two different printers. 1 printed for BAR (drinks) category, and 1 printed for KITCHEN (food) category. Is this possible for each printer to print them?

• 3 months later...

Hello!

You should be able to search and find variant items in the list of items when searching for them to place as in a composite items. But if you are referring to adding a variant item while making that same item as a composite item at the same time, I am afraid that's not possible. An item can only be either variant or composite item but cannot be both.