How to enable discount for specific time?

retms
Go to solution Solved by Rodrigo Díaz,

• Solution

And how would you like to use it? Right now it's possible to create disscounts and apply them to the whole ticket or to an individual item in the ticket. What would be different with discounts such us "Happy hour"?

We use Loyverse on two different tills at our Restaurant/Bar. We'd love to have automatic Happy Hour timed discounts. Right now our staff have to remember to flip over between our predetermined Happy Hour times and then our management team have to put in duplicate entries for every item that appears on Happy Hour. We don't have a consistent 20% off or something across every product. The discounts vary.

Would be great to have a switch in settings like "Support Happy Hour Discounts?" and then a field to select start and end time. Then in the individual item page, have a Happy Hour price field that can be entered at item creation.

• Like 3
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

We also need same function. Our old POS system used to have shift settings where you can define shift times . Then in the price field section we can specify price for different shift timings.

This a very important feature if anyone wants to use Loyverse in any Restuarant settings with happy our pricing.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

I came looking for the same thing... Seems like a lot of people need this, but I guess the team aren't reading these boards 😞

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! 

You can use and create the percentage discount to apply discount on specific items on your sale. Simply click on the items that are in the ticket and a prompt menu will apppear. There you can be able to apply the percentage discount onto that specific item. 

image.thumb.png.3ac5b09708e5775738a1c68971a2de1f.pngimage.thumb.png.9b8751894ab3aa1a5ab8b2c55899ed70.png

• 5 months later...

I also need a time based discount for "Happy Hour" please. It should also work only on certain days. Ours is not a discount percentage either ... it is a specific price for certain beers between two times on Sun-Thu ...

It would be perfect to have this option with ability to select day od the week and time range.

I give morning coffees dicsounted, it would be great if this could be set to calculate discount automaticaly during preset range.

On 8/22/2022 at 5:08 PM, Vibes said:

I also need a time based discount for "Happy Hour" please. It should also work only on certain days. Ours is not a discount percentage either ... it is a specific price for certain beers between two times on Sun-Thu ...

I am updating this as well to include another special situation. I am introducing a Brunch special from 10a until 2p on Sundays that will have One Price all you can drink Bloody Marys and Mimosas. This special price is only during that time, but it is combined with items that are ONLY available on that day between those times. You cannot get a the food we serve during this brunch at any other time. So it would be nice to have a "day/time box" option for menu items as well as discounts.

• 4 weeks later...

This sounds like an item and time based discount. I need Beer #2 discounted from 90 to 70 per bottle if it is Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, or Thu only between the hours of 2p and 6p local time. Beer #1 is always the normal price.

Beer #2 is also discounted on Sunday from 10a until 2p ... so that sounds like another discount option.

Any chance this is in the works ... otherwise I have to come up with some crazy employee driven option that relies on them remembering what time and day it is ... etc etc.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 3/18/2022 at 10:05 PM, Shinji said:

Hello! 

You can use and create the percentage discount to apply discount on specific items on your sale. Simply click on the items that are in the ticket and a prompt menu will apppear. There you can be able to apply the percentage discount onto that specific item. 

image.thumb.png.3ac5b09708e5775738a1c68971a2de1f.pngimage.thumb.png.9b8751894ab3aa1a5ab8b2c55899ed70.png

How do you do that? When I click on an Item it doesn't show the discounts.

Hello Roddy!

Are you using percentage discounts?

The amount discounts can only be added to the whole ticket and the percentage discount, can only be added to individual item. 

Please check our this help article for more detailed information on how discounts work on POS: https://help.loyverse.com/help/how-apply-discounts-during-sale

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/19/2022 at 5:05 AM, Shinji said:

Hello! 

This is not a solution to the actual request. Please read it again.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I want to comment on this topic as Rodrigo's answer really is not a solution. In any bar, having timed discounts is vital. The staff does not have time to discount specific ticket items on every single ticket. That slows the checkout process down way too much.

Imagine have pints as your happy hour items, and you have 20 open tickets. Ever time a patron is ready to cash-out, you have to go through their entire ticket, select the individual pints, and apply the discount.

If there are 2 patrons, and they each have 4 pints and an appetizer, then you have to manually apply the discount 4 times. Now, imagine a bigger ticket with dozens of pints and food items. The proposed solution takes way to long. As a result, I cannot put this into any of my bar customers.

• Like 1