Is it possible to build a win-win relationships with competitors?

Elias

• 5 months later...

Business is war: this is my business strategy and life philosophy. And I don’t want to have any deals with my competitors.

One day, my competitor’s employee came to my office and wanted to discuss some cooperation. I didn’t want to talk with him but asked him to sit down. So, what happened next? Nothing. We were looking at each other and kept silence. Nobody wanted to start talking. In the end, he left my office. And neither one us knew what the other was thinking at that time.

It is possible to build a relationship between competitors because in this world of business many businessmen nowadays merge or corporate their companies for more opportunity. And also it creates multiple links to dominate the marketing sales. An example in Philippines two big food chain rivals Jollibee and Mang Inasal. The owner of Mang Inasal food chain sold 70% of company stock to Jollibee. Then the owner of Mang Inasal invest in a different business, also they become a partner of the owner of Jollibee they formed the double dragon corporation which is they build malls around the country called city mall. 

The strengthen competitor will be the strengthening may be and your company. Competing companies maintain both fights and moving their territory and common area.