barcode and product issue

RichardWu99

Hi,

We had two types of barcodes and products in our shop. One is a weight-embedded barcode (for products sold by weight), while the other one is a standard barcode (for products sold by each). When scanning, with the function for the weight-embedded barcode activated, I was able to scan products sold by weight, but not the products sold by each.

The problem is shown in the photo. 

Can you let me know how to solve the problem? I want to be able to scan both barcodes in the same order.

FYI, I used iPhone 14's camera for scanning. 

Thanks and regards

Richard

IMG_7007.PNG

Hello,

Could you please tell us the names of items you have tried scanning?

Additionally, please send us photos of the barcodes you have tried scanning.

We will be waiting for your reply.

Attached are the two products and the barcodes for your reference. Hope we can find the solutions soon. 

Do you also have any functions for membership and points? 

We will be interested in using these functions in the near future. 

Thanks

Richard

sold by item.png

sold by weight.png

Hello,

Please make sure that the items have the 'sold by weight' option on. Otherwise, you will receive an error message when scanning barcodes with embedded weight.

image.png

I'd like to explain again what our problem is:

I have two kinds of products (one is sold by each which is with the yellow label. This type of barcode is generated from our own system. The other one is sold by weight which is with the white label. This type of barcode is generated from the scale machine). 

I already turned on the function for the weight-embedded barcode. It can scan the white-labelled barcode (sold by weight products), but it can not scan the yellow-labelled barcode (sold by each) at the same time in the same order.

I'd like to know if your system can scan both types of barcodes in the same purchase order. 

FYI, I cannot do according to what you suggested in your reply and change products "sold by each" to "sold by weight", because the product is "sold by each". If I change it, the price will be totally wrong as shown in the 3rd attachment.

Thanks 

Richard

sold by item.png

sold by weight.png

IMG_7033.PNG

Hello,

Thank you for explaining your situation.

This is caused by the fact that your yellow barcodes start with 02 prefix, by which the system determines that it is an EAN-13 weight embedded barcode.

Please either use a barcode with a different prefix or please change the SKU number of the two items that the yellow labels are for.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi~

Thank you for your help. I will ask the company to deal with this problem as soon as possible.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I screenshotted the Pos Code Types from your website (Photo 1)

I screenshotted the Pos Code Types that we currently have for the weight-labelled scale. (Photo 2)

Can I know what Pos Code Types that we have are suitable to use?  

BTW, we tried number 12 which I think is the closest one, but the 5th number on the SKU, which is (C/P) keeps on changing. 

Therefore we cannot complete the SKU number.

If you have any Pos system companies in Christchurch, NZ, please let me know. 

Thank you

Richard

截圖 2024-04-12 下午1.15.02.png

截圖 2024-04-12 下午1.41.31.png