Is it possible to adjust the barcode-scan of the build-in camera on android on scanning without check-digit?

RPWunterweex
Go to solution Solved by Amirah,

The item-list of my retailersystem can only be exported without check-digit at the end of the barcode (don´t know why).

Is it possible to adjust the barcode-scan of the build-in camera on android on scanning without check-digit?

Loyverse POS with built-in camera can scan UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-13, EAN-8, Code 39, Code 93, Code 128 barcodes and QR code as well.

Does your barcode meets the above requirements?

The labels on the products display of course EAN-13, but my ERP only manages the codes WITHOUT check-digit, that means the last number of the 13. It would be fine, if loyverse can be instructed to ignore the check-digit, at least in using the build-in-mobile camera. Otherwise it seems to me that I cannot use it with my ERP. Ther may be one option: if I find a checksum-calculater working in batch-modus (checkdigit.com or checkdigit.exe or sounding like that in DOS-Systems). I.e. replacing the exported EAN13 (without Check-digit) by the full EAN13.

Many thanks, seems to work seriously, but I need an automatically working system. My ERP exports to the stationary cash/counter with one simple click on a batch-file (dos-system residuals...), which converts and applies necessary changes to the exported csv-file and at the end starts the import into the stationary cashsystem. 1 Minute for about 5000 items.

Now it seems to me, that if loyverse doesn´t apply a small change (?), i.e. an adjustable format of barcodes (with or without check-digit), this program will not help me. Loyverse should simply remove the last digit before looking up in the item list.

For the rest it is a very fine working tool! What a pitty!

• Solution
On 2/24/2020 at 11:03 PM, RPWunterweex said:

Many thanks, seems to work seriously, but I need an automatically working system. My ERP exports to the stationary cash/counter with one simple click on a batch-file (dos-system residuals...), which converts and applies necessary changes to the exported csv-file and at the end starts the import into the stationary cashsystem. 1 Minute for about 5000 items.

Now it seems to me, that if loyverse doesn´t apply a small change (?), i.e. an adjustable format of barcodes (with or without check-digit), this program will not help me. Loyverse should simply remove the last digit before looking up in the item list.

For the rest it is a very fine working tool! What a pitty!

With Loyverse you will need all the 13 digits for the camera to scan the barcode, it is not possible to modify that at the moment, we can only recommend following the above link kindly given by Fab and modify your barcodes accordingly 

• 4 weeks later...

My ERP manages and delivers barcodes only without check-digit. It works fine with handheld-scanners on my stationary cash-system so far. But in loyverse dashboard the barcodes are required WITH check-digit. Does anybody know a small automatically working program (VB or else) to add to the barcode-digits within a CSV-file the missing check-digit? It is modulo-formula, and the program should work on about 6000 items in the list!

Thanks

On 3/24/2020 at 6:19 PM, RPWunterweex said:

My ERP manages and delivers barcodes only without check-digit. It works fine with handheld-scanners on my stationary cash-system so far. But in loyverse dashboard the barcodes are required WITH check-digit. Does anybody know a small automatically working program (VB or else) to add to the barcode-digits within a CSV-file the missing check-digit? It is modulo-formula, and the program should work on about 6000 items in the list!

Thanks

Please see the answers and discussions that were previously posted here