How can I scan items without using a barcode scanner?

Andres_BP

I have items with barcodes but currently I don't have a proper barcode scanner that I can use. So I wanted to know if there is a way to scan items even if I don't have a proper barcode scanner?

You can use the built-in camera of your mobile device for scanning item barcodes during a sale or when adding new items to the list. First, you have to activate the option ‘Use the camera to scan barcodes’ on your Loyverse app. This option can be found in the General Settings. After that, in the sales screen, a new button will appear for scanning barcodes on the middle of the top side of your screen. When you are making a sale and you want to scan an item, touch that button in order to activate the camera of your device and scan the barcode. If the camera scans the item, it will appear in the ticket. 

If you want to use this when creating a new item, you can. When creating an item, you can tap the scan button that is in the barcode field. This will activate the camera and once you scan the code, it will be filled in the barcode section. After that, you can save the item and it will be ready for selling. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Thank you os much for this information Fernando.

I do have a quick question. How can i create bar codes for my items on the list?

Hello!

In Loyverse you can add the barcodes for your items, but the system does not have a way of creating the barcodes for you. What you could do is use the SKU of the item as the barcode. 

You could also find a program online that creates the barcodes for you for free.

After creating your barcodes, you can check this link on how to add barcodes to your items: https://help.loyverse.com/help/how-add-barcodes-items

I hope this helps!

• 5 months later...

A common concern, and there are viable alternatives. Utilizing smartphone apps or software solutions with camera capabilities allows for convenient item scanning. Thanks for exploring accessible options for a barcode-free scanning experience!