Composite item in receipt

Rapakivi

Hello all, 

we have a lemonade can that in our country should have an attached obligatory "deposit fee". This deposit fee is VAT 24 % while the lemonade itself is VAT 14 %.

It should be in the receipt like this:

Mango lemonade 1,10 euro
Deposit fee  0,15 euro

VAT 14 %   0,135 euro
VAT 24 %   0,029 euro

Total  1,25 euro

I was trying to make a composite item that it has 1) Mango lemonade that has VAT 14% and then 2) Deposit fee VAT 14 %. Should the composite item has the VAT switches ON or off? I have tried in both ways but can't get the VAT calculation correct and it is not even showing both VATs.

Hello, dear user

VAT 14% should not be activated for an item "Deposit fee". It should be activated only for the "Mango lemonade".
And VAT 24% should be activated only for the "Deposit fee" item.

Then, it will be calculated correctly.
But, please note that tax amounts will be rounded:
image.png.60884f3d40b28fbc109e0374b22e8d7a.png

Yes, I have made so that VAT 14% is activated only for the "Mango lemonade".
And VAT 24% is activated only for the "Deposit fee" item. But when I combine them with the "composite item", it won't come properly. 

So, the "deposit fee" must come automatically if you buy "Mango lemonade" or otherwise it is easily forgotten and it should be there by the law. Thus I have made it as a composite item. It just seems it is not working properly like that. 

Yes, if you make "Mango lemonade" the composite item and include the "Deposit fee" as its component, it will not be calculated as you want. 
These two items should exist as two separate items.

2 hours ago, Georg said:

Yes, if you make "Mango lemonade" the composite item and include the "Deposit fee" as its component, it will not be calculated as you want. 
These two items should exist as two separate items.

The idea is to use the POS for self-service. So, there should be a way to force this deposit fee to be added in case there is "a lemonade can" or "a bottle" that requires it. It is too complicated to advice every single client how to add it and that they should add it if it is separately. Is there some kind of other bundle product way to do it?

Unfortunately, if you need to apply the tax to the "Deposit fee", this item should be added to the ticket manually.

12 hours ago, Georg said:

Unfortunately, if you need to apply the tax to the "Deposit fee", this item should be added to the ticket manually.

Is there some "wish list of features" where I could post this? I do not know about other countries but in Finland we have this deposit with different VAT in all recycled plastic, glass and metal cans and bottles in usage. Summertime probably half of the shop goods will be refreshment drinks.

Edited by Rapakivi