Keep receipt number with new machine

RedRider

So my receipts look like this 

5-1295

Everytime I change PC's it starts over and switches to 6-0001 then 7-0001

Before I switch this time is there a way to keep the receipt number the same when I activate the new terminal and remove the old?

I only have one location and one PC running loyverse but I do switch equipment once in a while and I would very much prefer to keep my receipt numbers the same.

Any help there?

• Like 1

Hello!

Could I clarify when you mentioned receipt numbers, do you actually meant 6-1000 and 7-1000 or is it specifically in that number you have typed as?

And by PC, do you mean about changing POS?

Yes I am removing one chromebook and adding a different on

My current receipts use this format 5-1025 and if I activate another termianl it will go to 6-0001

I would prefer to keep the leading 5 because that is the 5th time it has changed.

So if I sign out of my current chromebook and then sign in with the new one how do I keep the same numbering system without restarting at 6-0001

Sorry, to answer your questions

I mean keeping the same POS just moving it to another chromebook

The numbering sequence was assigned by loyverse and I am just using an example to specify layout.

I see, in that case, I would like to explain to you how our Receipt numbering works in our system.

Receipt number meaning #1-1001
The first digit 1- refers to the POS device, and if you have many devices, the receipts will start from 2-1001... , 3-1001..., etc.
Every POS device counts individually, and they all start from 1001 and then continue consiquently: 1002, 1003 etc

Therefore, if you create another POS, it will get a new number therefore, I am afraid maintaining the same receipt number is not possible. However, what you can do to achieve this is that you can keep on logging out of the POS App and just use that same POS that has the number 5 in it. That way, you can maintain receipt number but that would be tedious to do.

53 minutes ago, Shinji said:

I see, in that case, I would like to explain to you how our Receipt numbering works in our system.

Receipt number meaning #1-1001
The first digit 1- refers to the POS device, and if you have many devices, the receipts will start from 2-1001... , 3-1001..., etc.
Every POS device counts individually, and they all start from 1001 and then continue consiquently: 1002, 1003 etc

Therefore, if you create another POS, it will get a new number therefore, I am afraid maintaining the same receipt number is not possible. However, what you can do to achieve this is that you can keep on logging out of the POS App and just use that same POS that has the number 5 in it. That way, you can maintain receipt number but that would be tedious to do.

Since I only have one POS station that means if I log it out and log back in with the new one it should use the same numbering right?

The old one will be decommissioned so it will not be logging in anyways.

OK, so it works

I logged out of the old chromebook and uninstalled loyverse (did not need to uninstall but did anyways).

I logged in with the new chromebook and the receipt numbers are the same and basically took over where the other one left off.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• rik
      By rik
      Is it possible to install Loyverse KDS on a Chromebook and work with it in conjunction with Loyverse POS on a smartphone?
    • RedRider
      By RedRider
      epson tm m10 compact
      That is the printer I prefer to use, it is a USB printer and uses a smaller 57mm tape with a smaller counter footprint.

Please.... can anyone tell me if it is usable with Loyverse before I buy it.
    • Arvinjay217
      By Arvinjay217
      Hi! I have a portable Bluetooth printer and I can't connect it to my Chromebook because Chromebook doesn't support Bluetooth printing.
      In order to print a receipt, I always send it to my email and I use my phone which is connected to the Bluetooth printer. Then I print the receipt. 
      I want to know if there are other convenient ways to print a receipt.
      By the way, I don't always print a receipt. I only print it when they asked for it. 
      1. Is there any solution to my problem? (Except buying a new printer)
      2. Are there any settings that I could change or configure in the back office? 
      3. Can I reprint the receipt? How?
      Thank you! 

• FolcodeJong
      By FolcodeJong
      For some reason, my bluetooth-printer (mC-Print 2, connected as mPop) won't keep a working connection with my Chromebook (HP x360 14-da0900nd).
      When I pair the printer via bluetooth, and then add the printer in the Loyverse app, it works. But when I restart my chromebook it doens't connect anymore. It used to start working again when I turned Bluetooth off and on, but now I have to reinstall the printer for it to work.
      I assume it has something to do with the way android-apps are allowed bluetooth access on chromebooks, but hopefully this can be solved in a future update? It should be possible, because the iZettle app doesn't have the same problem.
      (btw. my android phone does not have the same problem either, it can always print without any extra steps.)
    • kj1206
      By kj1206
      hi
      I want to invest in hardware kit I am thinking 
      1 ,Ipad pro 12.9 2nd or 3rd Gen ( For POS)
      2. Ipad as customer display
      For printer can I use
      Star mC-Print3‚ĄĘ

As for drawer do I need to star cash drawer or APG cash drawer? Please advise extract make and model number which works with 
      Star mC-Print3‚ĄĘ and Ipad
      As well which barcode scanner will work USB one will work? Please advise extract make and model number
      I have seen hardware page https://loyverse.com/hardware but it only shows SocketScan Bluetooth scanners for Ipad which are the worst ones going by reviews on internet.
      Can someone confirm  USB barcode scanner can work with iPad since receipt printer has functionality with up to 5 interfaces including Star CloudPRNT as well as hub functionality, controlling select USB peripherals attached to the printer including cash drawer, scanner and kitchen buzzer.
      I have also thought of plan b in case Ipad option does not work
      Instead getting Ipads I get Lenovo - Yoga C630 2-in-1 15.6" Touch-Screen Chromebook for pos https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-yoga-c630-2-in-1-15-6-touch-screen-chromebook-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-128gb-emmc-flash-memory-midnight-blue/6295998.p?skuId=6295998
      For printer¬†Star mC-Print3‚ĄĘ and Usb cash drawer Usb barcode scanner will work with it?¬†
      I will need to know that can I setup customer display by getting a android tablet will it work with Chromebook as a customer display?
      Thankyou

Loyverse Point of Sale