Keep receipt number with new machine

RedRider

So my receipts look like this 

5-1295

Everytime I change PC's it starts over and switches to 6-0001 then 7-0001

Before I switch this time is there a way to keep the receipt number the same when I activate the new terminal and remove the old?

I only have one location and one PC running loyverse but I do switch equipment once in a while and I would very much prefer to keep my receipt numbers the same.

Any help there?

• Like 1

Hello!

Could I clarify when you mentioned receipt numbers, do you actually meant 6-1000 and 7-1000 or is it specifically in that number you have typed as?

And by PC, do you mean about changing POS?

Yes I am removing one chromebook and adding a different on

My current receipts use this format 5-1025 and if I activate another termianl it will go to 6-0001

I would prefer to keep the leading 5 because that is the 5th time it has changed.

So if I sign out of my current chromebook and then sign in with the new one how do I keep the same numbering system without restarting at 6-0001

Sorry, to answer your questions

I mean keeping the same POS just moving it to another chromebook

The numbering sequence was assigned by loyverse and I am just using an example to specify layout.

I see, in that case, I would like to explain to you how our Receipt numbering works in our system.

Receipt number meaning #1-1001
The first digit 1- refers to the POS device, and if you have many devices, the receipts will start from 2-1001... , 3-1001..., etc.
Every POS device counts individually, and they all start from 1001 and then continue consiquently: 1002, 1003 etc

Therefore, if you create another POS, it will get a new number therefore, I am afraid maintaining the same receipt number is not possible. However, what you can do to achieve this is that you can keep on logging out of the POS App and just use that same POS that has the number 5 in it. That way, you can maintain receipt number but that would be tedious to do.

53 minutes ago, Shinji said:

I see, in that case, I would like to explain to you how our Receipt numbering works in our system.

Receipt number meaning #1-1001
The first digit 1- refers to the POS device, and if you have many devices, the receipts will start from 2-1001... , 3-1001..., etc.
Every POS device counts individually, and they all start from 1001 and then continue consiquently: 1002, 1003 etc

Therefore, if you create another POS, it will get a new number therefore, I am afraid maintaining the same receipt number is not possible. However, what you can do to achieve this is that you can keep on logging out of the POS App and just use that same POS that has the number 5 in it. That way, you can maintain receipt number but that would be tedious to do.

Since I only have one POS station that means if I log it out and log back in with the new one it should use the same numbering right?

The old one will be decommissioned so it will not be logging in anyways.

OK, so it works

I logged out of the old chromebook and uninstalled loyverse (did not need to uninstall but did anyways).

I logged in with the new chromebook and the receipt numbers are the same and basically took over where the other one left off.