Why can't generic Bluetooth scanners work?

AndreB
Go to solution Solved by Andy,

Good day,

Why cant generic bluetooth scanners work ?

We have one store that we have been testing Loyverse on an android tablet for a few months and not we are looking at using some apple ipads we have. we got some about 10 generic scanners from  netum . why can't we have to work with Loyverse ? the iPad connects to it via Bluetooth without issue.. please help

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There are two necessary conditions to add any Bluetooth (or USB) device to the supported hardware list for iOS. 
1) This device should be licensed at MFi Program ("Made for iPhone/iPod/iPad"). 
2) We need to have this device, to develop the connection in Loyverse POS to the hardware. 
For now, we do not have such bar-code scanners. 

• 4 weeks later...

This is probably the only irritating aspect about Loyverse. The socket scanners are expensive and don't work well. Loyverse, please expand the selection to other brands. 

12 hours ago, alfa said:

This is probably the only irritating aspect about Loyverse. The socket scanners are expensive and don't work well. Loyverse, please expand the selection to other brands. 

Could you recommend some scanners licensed at MFi Program?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Yes, I have this awesome iOS supported Bluetooth scanner MunshiG NT-1698LY. One of the low cost and better scanning performance. We use it a lot in India. Could you please add it to supported devices list?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have a Netum NT-1228BC Bluetooth scanner that connects perfectly with an iPad. The scanner is not working during sale, but does working on encoding barcode and searching. Deeply regrettable that a scanner recognized by iOS and with the correct protocol cannot fully work in Loyverse.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I would also like to see a wider range of scanner options for IOS. The supported Socket Scanners are very expensive and becoming obsolete. This is preventing us from using scanners with loyverse.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have a usb scanner and it works in IOS and in loyverse if I select to search and scan barcode however does not work as a scanner only as like a keyboard into text fields. So irritating that it works. Reads the barcode but loyverse does not seem to recognise it.

• Like 1