Can Loyverse POS work offline?

Shannon
Go to solution Solved by andres,

It is possible to make sales offline with Loyverse POS, but in order to sync all your sales data with your Back-office, you will need to connect to internet. When you make sales offline, all your receipts will be saved on your device. When your receipts become synced with Loyverse back-office, they will automatically be deleted from your device in order to save memory space. All other functions are not available offline.

Please note: If you make sales and log out while your device has been disconnected from the Internet (offline mode), you can lose your receipts. So before logging out from Loyverse POS, make sure that all your receipts have been transferred to the Back Office.

• 1 year later...

Can you use loyverse on the the road when you don't have an internet connection? Can I make sales and adjust inventory offline and then renconcile when I get home and have a connection? Thanks!

Loyverse POS can work offline during some time period (day or week). But you need periodically synchronize it with the Back Office. Also, some features can work online only.

You can keep making sales even when the internet connection fails. However, Loyverse is a cloud based system, so it's essential to connect the device to the internet to transfer all the data with the server. If your connection is usually not so good I would recommend you to check more often if all your sales data is correct. You can do that simply checking your sales and receipts summaries at the back office. The rest of features such as adding customers or a new item are not available while offline. And one more thing, never log out if you are offline or if you have issues with sales data. Logging out will only make all your sales data dissapear and it will be impossible to recover it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I've been using ipads for my POS and KDS as well as a Starmicronics printer to use as a kick to open the cashdrawer on sale completion, and to print receipts.

I have connected them all via an offline router. This has worked really well for the past several years.

Recently I logged out of my Loyverse app and logged back in via the offline router network and have found that I can't log into the POS. I get a server timeout error.

Has something changed with the App that it now requires the device to be connected to the internet, in order to log on?

Also, I have added a 3rd store in Back Office - which I need to select when signing in. Does this feature require an internet connection?

Edited by Mail_Star_Espresso

1 hour ago, Mail_Star_Espresso said:

Has something changed with the App that it now requires the device to be connected to the internet, in order to log on?

It has always been so that you need to log in the Internet.

you can read more here how Loyverse POS works without the Internet

• 2 years later...

Using internet is important only in four conditions:

1-starting up application

2-modifing items

3- viewing the past reciepts

4- syncing database

Thats all